MC7 Priority of Calculation for signals and indicators

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
chisound

MC7 Priority of Calculation for signals and indicators

Postby chisound » 13 Apr 2011

Hi:

Great work on MC7 beta by the way. Does anyone know the priority of execution for indicators and signals in MC7? More specifically if I have a workspace with 1 signal on it and 4 indicators on it and all of the calculations contained in the signal are also contained in the indicators how does MC7 prioritize? Does it run the signal first and execute any orders it may generate, and then run the indicators? I only have the indicators on there as a visual confirmation for the automated strategy contained in the signal, but I obviously would want the signal to execute as a priority before the screen is updated with the indicators.

Thanks,

Chris

janus

Re: MC7 Priority of Calculation for signals and indicators

Postby janus » 13 Apr 2011

Hi:
I only have the indicators on there as a visual confirmation for the automated strategy contained in the signal, but I obviously would want the signal to execute as a priority before the screen is updated with the indicators.
Not sure under MC7 but MC6 executes strategies prior to indicators. I actually prefer it the other way around so I can better utilize global variables and communicate actions derived by my indicators to the strategy for order execution. This would also save a lot of duplicate coding. A the moment I have to duplicate a lot of code to avoid the delay caused by the reverse execution order. Better still, it would be nice to allow plots to be generated from strategies.

Stan Bokov

Re: MC7 Priority of Calculation for signals and indicators

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Apr 2011

They are executed in the order they are added to the chart. If you want more control (eg. what TS has in terms of remembering execution sequences), please make the feature request in PM.

Return to “MultiCharts”