Integrate MC to MT4

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Chillie

Integrate MC to MT4

Postby Chillie » 27 Apr 2011

Hi

Has anyone successfully integrated MC to MT4 so that MC strategies generate orders on MT4 broker?

I have found an MT4 api which would allow me to create / manage the orders, but cannot find how to integrate this api with MC / easy language.

Cheers

Stan Bokov

Re: Integrate MC to MT4

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Apr 2011

Could you be more precise, which broker do you want to connect to? MultiCharts and MT4 are not integrated, they are competing software packages, but which are still rather different. MultiCharts in our opinion offers more options for analysis, accurate backtesting and EasyLanguage support, while MT does not.

In order to integrate MC with brokers, you would need the Order API for MultiCharts, which is a paid product. Then you can integrate directly with the broker from MC.

Chillie

Postby Chillie » 27 Apr 2011

Could you be more precise, which broker do you want to connect to? MultiCharts and MT4 are not integrated, they are competing software packages, but which are still rather different. MultiCharts in our opinion offers more options for analysis, accurate backtesting and EasyLanguage support, while MT does not.

In order to integrate MC with brokers, you would need the Order API for MultiCharts, which is a paid product. Then you can integrate directly with the broker from MC.
Hi Stan

I use Totally FX which only provides a MT4 interface / feed. I couldn't agree more with your comments about MC, which is why I want to use MC and connect it to Totally FX.

Could you provide more details on the Order API? Do you know of any other ways I could achieve some sort of integration? I know Big Mike did a "hack" for connecting MC to Collective2. Is this approach viable?

Thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Apr 2011

The 'hack' is not really a hack, it's another way of routing orders from MultiCharts to other brokers (usually it's done through a DLL). The most stable way to make this DLL is to use the complete instructions from our Order API and use the broker's API to make the two talk to each other. Maybe Totally FX would be interested in setting up a connection with MultiCharts, you should let them know that you want to use their service with MC and they can contact me directly so we can talk about integration at sbokov@multicharts.com

Return to “MultiCharts”