Y-Price Scale price marker settings

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DRCM

Y-Price Scale price marker settings

Postby DRCM » 29 Apr 2011

Hello,

I`ve got some problems to set custom marker color in y-price scale. Usually I use white, "234,234,234" or any bright color background and Up(white color), Down(black) and Wick(black) candlesticks with my other trading software. Using white color background and having white(Up)color candlestick on MC I can`t see the price marker because it is white color as well.
Same problem if you use black background and you`ve got black color (Up), white color(Down) candlesticks. Marker is visible only if you`ve got Down candlestick, but not Up.
Is there any way to set a custom color of marker for Up and Down candlesticks or to keep same color for both Up, Down (for eg. black marker with white digits inside marker on white charts or white marker with black digits on black background)?
I feel very uncomfortable with any other colors (blue,red,green or etc.) and it`s only problem I found considering chart settings.
Thanks in advance

DRCM

Re: Y-Price Scale price marker settings

Postby DRCM » 01 May 2011

I checked all Y-Price Scale and other MultiChart settings, probably there is no way to do what I mentioned in my previous post. Is it possible to program it in MC?
Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 May 2011

just add this indicator:

Code: Select all

plot100(close, "C");
set the indicator style to invisible,
marker checked,
and color to whatever you like.

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 10 Jun 2011

Hi TJ,

Thanks for reply. I`ve tryed to insert that indicator you gave, but it doesn`t work. Actually, nothing is changed on my chart after that. Maybe I`ve done it wrong way, I don`t know.

Would be really nice if MC team could build this custom function in "Format Window -> Y - Price Scale -> Marker Style" OR somewhere in "Format Instrument -> Style" window giving possibility to set Marker Color (inc.Custom) and Digits Color inside Marker. Would be even better if we could set Marker Colors for UP and Down candles separatelly. If it wouldn`t take too much of your time assuming that it is missing quite important settings in MC professional charting. Thanks in advance.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 15 Jun 2011

Dear DRCM,

You can add a feature request to the PM if you want to see this implemented in the future.

Return to “MultiCharts”