Changing bar / candle width independently of spacing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Changing bar / candle width independently of spacing

Postby Guest » 01 May 2011

When changing candle spacing on the chart, MC automatically adjusts the bar or candle width so as to display them in such a way that they are neither too close nor too far away. The problem is, however, that the user cannot then further enhance the display by manually adjusting the width of the bars. I would like to control not only how many bars show on my screen, but then how close those bars can be to each other.

Please see the attached files. The picture with the very thin bars is MC. It is showing at this time exactly how many candles I want on my screen, but the bars are so thin that it's difficult on my eyes. Next see the other picture. This is what I'd like to be able to accomplish. The bars are actually touching borders in this case, but I could just as easily keep the spacing identical while making the bars "thinner." This is what NT does and I like this flexibility.

Stan Bokov

Re: Changing bar / candle width independently of spacing

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 May 2011

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently you can change the width of Hollow Candlesticks, which can approximate what you are trying to achieve. Otherwise, please add this suggest to the Project Management system if you want to see it implemented in MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”