Intrabarordergeneration

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iceman

Intrabarordergeneration

Postby iceman » 04 May 2011

Hi I am pretty new at this so sorry if don't make much sense. I have noticed that after your entry position is placed it takes a few bars for you exit signals to get into the market(trailing stop, stop loss etc) the profit target gets entered right away however so I am wondering if there is away to do this? Is there something to do with intrabarordergeneration ? and if so do you just open the script and put = true instead of = false?

Thanks
Iceman

TJ

Re: Intrabarordergeneration

Postby TJ » 04 May 2011

Hi I am pretty new at this so sorry if don't make much sense. I have noticed that after your entry position is placed it takes a few bars for you exit signals to get into the market(trailing stop, stop loss etc) the profit target gets entered right away however so I am wondering if there is away to do this? Is there something to do with intrabarordergeneration ? and if so do you just open the script and put = true instead of = false?

Thanks
Iceman
a lot of different things can affect your execution.
you have to post your code... and the log to show the problem.

sometimes the delay is in reporting from the broker, not the actual time of execution.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 30 Dec 2011

Hi,
I was looking for something else and came across the post.
I've noticed the same issue. Using the Intrabarordergeneration, it allows you to get into a trade a minute into a five bar but the creation of the orders for the exits (MC Setprofittarget or setbreakeven or setstoploss etc etc), do not appear until the 5min bar has completed.
So any price movement in the next 4min could kill you.

Not sure how you fix this?

Neil.

TJ

Postby TJ » 30 Dec 2011

Hi,
I've noticed the same issue. Using the Intrabarordergeneration, it allows you to get into a trade a minute into a five bar but the creation of the orders for the exits (MC Setprofittarget or setbreakeven or setstoploss etc etc), do not appear until the 5min bar has completed.

Neil.
Can't help you without the code.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 31 Dec 2011

TJ,

[IntrabarOrderGeneration = true]
Buy ("OZOPL2") 1 Contract Next Bar at 4000 stop ;
setstoploss(4*25);
setprofittarget(6*25);

Neil.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 31 Dec 2011

Deleted
Last edited by SUPER on 31 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 31 Dec 2011

Thanks
Iceman

Try this code for stoploss, if it works use same idea to create your profitTarget , Trailing Stop etc orders.

Code: Select all

[IntrabarOrderGeneration = True]

Inputs: StopPoints(10);
Vars: Intrabarpersist Mp(0);

Mp= MarketPosition;

If Mp=1 then Sell("LStopLoss")Next Bar at (EntryPrice - StopPoints) Stop;
If Mp=-1 then Buy to Cover("SStopLoss") Next Bar at (EntryPrice + StopPoints) Stop;

Roman MultiCharts

Postby Roman MultiCharts » 06 Jan 2012

Thanks
Iceman
Hi,

Neil.
Hi iceman and NW27

In this case it is necessary to allow unlimited entries and exits per bar. To do that please open format signals menu --> select your signal and click the format button --> go to the properties tab. Check Enable Intra-Bar Order Generation feature and select "allow unlimited entries and exits per bar". This feature is the additional one and cannot be enabled from the script.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 06 Jan 2012

Hi Roman,

Thanks for responding.

That will be the answer.

Neil.

Return to “MultiCharts”