Using DOM, Questioning,,, Any video available

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Using DOM, Questioning,,, Any video available

Postby arjfca » 12 May 2011

Hello

I'm trying to use the new DOM. First time with this concept and I'm lost. Any video on how to use it as been produce? Lots of questions

1- My stop orders are not displayed neither on MCDT and on my demo acccount. And, not achieved when entry target hit.

2- While day trading, if I use the option >> Order good for the DAY >>. Will the orders being cancel if not achieved at the beginning of a new bar or it will be good until the next date modification. When using trade signal, IB or MC is cancelling the order if not achieved by the closure of the bar. Is it the same rule with MCDT

3- I read that we can trade from the chart. Can I point and click on the chart the price that i want to trade to send a Stop on a bid price and send a stop loss target.
- If so, how do i set my stop loss ?
- How do I set my Quantity?

Any help with any points appreciated

Martin

Stan Bokov

Re: Using DOM, Questioning,,, Any video available

Postby Stan Bokov » 17 May 2011

1- My stop orders are not displayed neither on MCDT and on my demo acccount. And, not achieved when entry target hit.
At the moment you should use the symbol from the broker you are trading on. They should be displayed if they are placed.
2- While day trading, if I use the option >> Order good for the DAY >>. Will the orders being cancel if not achieved at the beginning of a new bar or it will be good until the next date modification. When using trade signal, IB or MC is cancelling the order if not achieved by the closure of the bar. Is it the same rule with MCDT
MultiCharts and MCDT are the same, except the PowerLanguageEditor module.
3- I read that we can trade from the chart. Can I point and click on the chart the price that i want to trade to send a Stop on a bid price and send a stop loss target.
- If so, how do i set my stop loss ?
- How do I set my Quantity?

Any help with any points appreciated

Martin
You can use the Trade bar at the top, or the Trade Panel on the right. You can also place an order by right-clicking on the chart. It will reflect the quantity that you set in the right-hand Trade Panel.

Return to “MultiCharts”