BUGS noticed on latest Beta 3 and beta 2 and suggestions.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spike

BUGS noticed on latest Beta 3 and beta 2 and suggestions.

Postby Spike » 12 May 2011

Hello MC staff,

I have Noticed these bugs using MC beta2 and beta3 on live account RCG with Zenfire data feed

Bugs occured on MC beta 2 :

1) Using DOM occured two times have hidden filled orders on CME 6E EuroFX, orders are completely invisible in DOM and Orders tab.
also when this bug occurs it is not possible flat these invisible but filled orders using flatten everything, dont' work.

Bugs noticied with latest MC b3:

1) Eurex bund FGBL level price/contracts on DOM Freeze and stuck very often, I have compared DOM with Rithmic-trader DOM connected same time on same account, only MC have this problem.
2) Often after regular connection Accounts tab result empty, account balance and info are not visible.
3) (I dont' know if this is a bug) in orders tab is it not possible change order with mouse click on top column (generated, filled/canceled etc.), appear only a blu arrow for a moment but order not change.

Leave also some suggestions for DOM, an example image of DOM with additional features at this link:
http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/521293/file.html

- optional vertical scroller bar
- fast access disable/enable autocentre option with mouse right click option on DOM or with small button/box on DOM
- possibility add-associate text string near contract symbol for add contract name also on top view on DOM
- optional column with # contract volume changed on dom with bars and numbers
- option for attach more DOM in only one window
- additional small button near Lookup for change instruments on DOM, list instruments with slide menu for change instruments with 2 mouse click (like NT) without need open lookup box window.
- optional instrument tabs, useful for change from most used intruments with 1 mouse click
- optional view average price load of instrument
- editable stake buttons for #contracts orders

Cheers

Re: BUGS noticed on latest Beta 3 and beta 2 and suggestions

Postby Guest » 12 May 2011

Adding this suggestion on exit strategies, brackets etc.: optional automatic close order xx minutes (selectable value) before the close of the market.

Cheers

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 12 May 2011

Adding this suggestion on exit strategies, brackets etc.: optional automatic close order xx minutes (selectable value) before the close of the market.

Cheers
You can already do it by combining manual trading with automated PowerLanguage signals. Please check this thread for further details: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8450

Thanks for explanation Dr. Stanley

I have Noticed another bug on MC b3 using Zenfire

If from an already opened chart try to change instrument clicking on instrument symbol at top-left on chart, then open "format instrument" window, but from this window many instruments already added do not appear in "all instruments" tab.
For open chart with these missing symbols I need to do File> New> chart window, and in this case it always opens the window "format instruments" but this time from this window the list of instruments is complete.

Leave other suggestion, will be useful indicators/oscillators that give signals with color change (without repaint bar), like MACD with EMa / Osma colored, Dss bressert colored, Hull moving average colored (slope MA), supertrend .. and
Candlestick patterns indicator: three inside down/up, Engulfing (outside bar), dark cloud cover

Cheers

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 12 May 2011

1) Using DOM occured two times have hidden filled orders on CME 6E EuroFX, orders are completely invisible in DOM and Orders tab.
also when this bug occurs it is not possible flat these invisible but filled orders using flatten everything, dont' work.
Dear Spike,

Thank you for your comments. We have never seen the occur on any of our machines. If that happens again, please take the logs before closing MultiCharts and send them to support@multicharts.com along with screenshots.

1) Eurex bund FGBL level price/contracts on DOM Freeze and stuck very often, I have compared DOM with Rithmic-trader DOM connected same time on same account, only MC have this problem.
The issues are not very clear, could you make a short video and show us? You can use the free Camstudio - http://camstudio.org/. For instance, I'm not sure how you were able to open Rithmic and MultiCharts DOM windows at the same time with the same account, since these programs log each other off.
2) Often after regular connection Accounts tab result empty, account balance and info are not visible.
3) (I dont' know if this is a bug) in orders tab is it not possible change order with mouse click on top column (generated, filled/canceled etc.), appear only a blu arrow for a moment but order not change.
Please include these bits in your video as well. Thank you for your feedback, it's much appreciated.

Hi Dr. Stan,

firs recorded video: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/64161748/file.html (zipped avi click "download now" at the right)

at beginning of video: platform launch and login to zenfire but missing account data in accounts tab

at second 49: Format Instrument opened from symbol top-left this time don't manifest the bug (reduced list and missing instruments) and list appear complete, but other times this bug are present.

from 1:10 : clicking left mouse button on top labels dont' change order of list orders - items time etc. (appear only blu arrow)

at the end disconnect and reconnect zenfire but account name dont appear.

soon send 'the second video with DOM bug (freeze price on FGBL) and comparison with R-trader, and most serious bug of invisible and undeletable orders.

second video : http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/93336888/file.html

at 02:00 , 2:24, 4:28 (and others) of video send limit orders from MC DOM connected to zenfire live account, you can view this is a completely hidden and invisible order from MC DOM (and orders tab), but the order is working and you can view and cancel/flatten from R-trader DOM and R-trader actual orders window (2:58 of video).

These working orders on MC are invisible and also undeletable, this problem is the same with filled orders (flatten everything dont' work).

There seems to be a problem also in Orders tab, new orders are not present and not update list also after cancel limit order from R-trader.

At 6:00 MC DOM freeze with FGBL compared with R-trader

From 8:00 a simple speed comparison DOM on 6E, R-trader appear a bit faster update price on DOM.

The price freeze/stuck bug on DOM for now I only noticed on FGBL , but using MC from only few days.

I tried to uninstall MC and I installed the latest Beta3 but the problem remained

Regards

Note for dr. Stan or moderators, after you have downloaded videos can you please cancel download links from my posts because i cannot made this, thanks.

Update

After restart PC this time on MC appear account information correctly

Note: I'm enabled to login up to 2 platform at the same time on live account, I don't know if this can cause some possible conflicts on running platforms.

new video at this link: http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/23405198/file.html

At video start from order history of R-trader can view previous canceled orders on FGBL

From MC after login these cancelled orders don't appear on Orders tab

In this video appear another bug (or platform conflict): in MC DOM on EuroFX you can view an "additional" and fake freezed level price with 25 contracts

This time orders placed on MC Dom are visible and deletable with 2 platforms connected same time

Other thing in this video: when place an order on MC and cancel it from R-trader, then when cancel from MC a message box appears and the level on DOM do not clear (need reconnection for clear box).
State of this order from Orders tab appear signed "PRECANCELED" , when select Disconnect Zenfire appear a Warning window that report a fake active order (the precanceled order) but in fact there are not working orders.

Regards

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 17 May 2011

Thank you for your reports. We will check it out.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 May 2011

Attached is the screenshot of our Zen-Fire account, everything appears to be working normally. Could you come to our Live Chat to demonstrate the problem while it's Live?
Attachments
FGBL-liveaccount.PNG
(96.53 KiB) Downloaded 832 times

Return to “MultiCharts”