MCDT Playback Feature  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TonyB

MCDT Playback Feature  [SOLVED]

Postby TonyB » 15 May 2011

Stuck in India for what might be a few weeks and figured I'd log some time on MCDT and paper-trading. I see where MCDT has a Playback feature, so it would be fantastic to go back to last Thu and / or Friday when I traveled to watch and paper trade the mkt...

First, and maybe this is a limitation of my data (OEC), I'm only get data from today (Sunday the 15th), although I'm selecting the last Friday the 13th. I'm requesting a 3 min of the ES...

Also, and most importantly, can one also get a matching DOM to trade the Playback mkt? If so, I'm not seeing it at the moment... If not possible to get a DOM Playback, might this be in the works?

Thanks much!

Stan Bokov

Re: MCDT Playback Feature

Postby Stan Bokov » 17 May 2011

OEC supports minute data for 2 weeks. Make sure you ask for FROM and TO dates for two weeks back.

There is no playback for DOM, we do not store the DOM info locally. Your hard drive would overflow quickly if we were to store that. You can suggest it in the Project Management, if you like.

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 18 May 2011

Stan, thank you. Not getting email alerts when there are responses, I almost forgot I posted. Still on travel...

The Playback feature has much potential, but to be honest, without the ability to trade it, the practical application of this feature is very limited. Unless others see great value that I'm missing, please do share.

I want very much to have the opportunity to trade previous days, and I would imagine that I'm not alone. I will try as you suggest. If for any reason I'm unable to create such a request in Project Mgt (I have limited time and internet access out here), maybe someone else with interest can do so. Let me try now though...

Thanks.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 19 May 2011

Thanks Tony, we will review it.

Return to “MultiCharts”