Manual trading position - entry price

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

Manual trading position - entry price

Postby arnie » 21 May 2011

Hi.

I'd like to know if it's possible to write a study whichs plot the entry price of our position (given in the chart trading window) as text on the chart.

There are a couple of reserved words, Entry Price, i_MarketPosition_at_Broker, MarketPosition, but they are for strategies, they can only be used in signals.

Regards,
Fernando

escamillo

Re: Manual trading position - entry price

Postby escamillo » 21 May 2011

it should works once the feature explained at the bottom of this thread becomes functional:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8450

arnie

Postby arnie » 22 May 2011

it should works once the feature explained at the bottom of this thread becomes functional:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8450
Very interesting. Opening a position manually and then a strategy will recognize that position and activate itself as a stop loss, trailing stop, break even stop or whatever we decide to do with it.

Looking forward to see it in action.

But, imagine that we go long manually, the strategy sends a stop loss and target to the broker, but we decide to close it manually before any of the strategy orders are hit. Will the strategy orders be cancelled automatically as soon as the position is closed?

Another question, we are talking about a strategy, a signal. My initial request was for a study/indicator. As soon an order is given, manually, I want to plot a text indicating the price of that entry on the chart, for example, at the top right.
For this, wouldn't we need a reserved word to function under a study/indicator? All reserved words that retrieve data from the broker are for signals/strategies only.

Regards,
Fernando

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 24 May 2011

But, imagine that we go long manually, the strategy sends a stop loss and target to the broker, but we decide to close it manually before any of the strategy orders are hit. Will the strategy orders be cancelled automatically as soon as the position is closed?
If your strategy check the market position, then you can add a condition for it to cancel some/all orders once mp = 0.
Another question, we are talking about a strategy, a signal. My initial request was for a study/indicator. As soon an order is given, manually, I want to plot a text indicating the price of that entry on the chart, for example, at the top right.
For this, wouldn't we need a reserved word to function under a study/indicator? All reserved words that retrieve data from the broker are for signals/strategies only.
That would be a separate feature request.

Regards,
Fernando[/quote]

Return to “MultiCharts”