Chart Trading Buttons Grayed Out  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Chart Trading Buttons Grayed Out  [SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 23 May 2011

Chart Trading buttons are grayed out. I'm getting chart data fine but can't place orders . How can this be fixed?

Stan Bokov

Re: Chart Trading Buttons Grayed Out

Postby Stan Bokov » 23 May 2011

You should connect to a broker for them to become enabled.

Postby Guest » 25 May 2011

I'm connected via Olympus Futures and was able to use chart trading buttons through last week, but beginning Monday this week they've been grayed out. I'm still getting chart data but can't use grayed out chart trading buttons.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 25 May 2011

Right click on the Patsystems broker tab (I believe Olympus is though Patsystems) and click Connect broker.

Postby Guest » 26 May 2011

It's through Rithmic, and I can right click Rithmic and connect; however, through last week it was already connected without need to right click Rithmic2. Well for some reason it's again already connected when I select new chart after starting multi-charts today. Could it just be hit and miss whether it's connected when new chart is selected?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 May 2011

I don't think I understand the question. Are you connected to a broker profile or not? If you are, the buttons should be ok, if you are not - then they won't be.

Postby Guest » 27 May 2011

It appears I'm connected to Rithmic because I get live charts collecting data when I select symbol from the new charts list, and sometimes the chart trading buttons are active when chart trading is selected while other time they're grayed out requiring right click Rithmic to connect. Why isn't chart trading buttons active every time I select new chart which is collecting data through Rithmic?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 31 May 2011

Can you attach a screenshot or a short video explaining the situation?

Return to “MultiCharts”