X Scale of Data1 when 'hidden' Data2 is different time frame

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
escamillo

X Scale of Data1 when 'hidden' Data2 is different time frame

Postby escamillo » 23 May 2011

with Data1 as a 5 minute chart and 'hidden' Data2 as a one minute or seconds chart, the Bar Spacing of the X Scale for Data1 takes on the time/spacing of Data2.

When Data2 is set to 'hide', is there a way to make it so that the Bar Spacing of Data1 will not be influenced by the interval of Data2?
Attachments
BPL_35.png
(12.22 KiB) Downloaded 707 times

Nick

Re: X Scale of Data1 when 'hidden' Data2 is different time f

Postby Nick » 23 May 2011

Yes it's a nuisance. Any hidden data series should be completely ignored when it comes to scaling.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 23 May 2011

The spacing is synced among all data series on the chart. So, your suggestion is to ingore this when the data series is hidden? You may have a good point there. Could you please create a PM feature request item and post the link here?

escamillo

The spacing is synced among all data series on the chart. So, your suggestion is to ingore this when the data series is hidden? You may have a good point there. Could you please create a PM feature request item and post the link here?
Not sure about the protocol to do that. I do not see any link for a "feature request", so do I just create an item under the Issues category and list it as [Feature Request] ? And if so, do I list it under MC7 Beta3, which I am currently using?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 23 May 2011

Not sure about the protocol to do that. I do not see any link for a "feature request", so do I just create an item under the Issues category and list it as [Feature Request] ? And if so, do I list it under MC7 Beta3, which I am currently using?
Yes, and yes.

escamillo

here is a link to a Feature Request regarding this issue:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-377

Please "Vote" for this. Thanks.

[P.S.: Not sure the Feature Request ended up in the correct place on the PM forum]

[P.S.S.: another photo attached of what this issue looks like, messes with plots]
Attachments
BPL_31.png
(27.42 KiB) Downloaded 699 times

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 08 Aug 2011

Just found this thread and I now better understand what the related feature request was about. So my feature request is probably a kind of duplicate then.

Take a look so you are aware of it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-542

Thanks,
Laurentius

escamillo

Postby escamillo » 21 Mar 2012

Could MC please give an indication of if and when this might be implemented? Seems simple enough. As it is now, it makes unworkable using 30 seconds chart as Data2 on a 3 minute Data1 chart. I would like to use a hidden Data2 with a different time frame than data1, but it is not practical to do so the way a hidden Data2 distorts the primary chart.

As someone else has pointed out on the Project management page for this issue:
Posted by Big Mike (ctrlbrk), Aug 10, 14:19: "The X scaling problem exists even if you add a dataseries of the SAME time period, for example: data1=trade, data2=bid, data3=ask. The scaling becomes unusable, even when data2 and data3 are hidden. This is a critical bug preventing Cumulative Delta chart analysis from working."
[Note: I am not sure what he is saying, but it sounds good.]
Attachments
3 minute Data1 with underlying 30 second Data2.png
(39.26 KiB) Downloaded 687 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Mar 2012

Could MC please give an indication of if and when this might be implemented? Seems simple enough. As it is now, it makes unworkable using 30 seconds chart as Data2 on a 3 minute Data1 chart. I would like to use a hidden Data2 with a different time frame than data1, but it is not practical to do so the way a hidden Data2 distorts the primary chart.

As someone else has pointed out on the Project management page for this issue:
Posted by Big Mike (ctrlbrk), Aug 10, 14:19: "The X scaling problem exists even if you add a dataseries of the SAME time period, for example: data1=trade, data2=bid, data3=ask. The scaling becomes unusable, even when data2 and data3 are hidden. This is a critical bug preventing Cumulative Delta chart analysis from working."
[Note: I am not sure what he is saying, but it sounds good.]
Hello Escamillo,

Thank you for your interest. We understand the importance of this feature for our users but currently we are focused on bug fixes and stability of MultiCharts 8.0. We will take your suggestion into consideration for the future releases of MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”