Important CME update – new mandatory iLink tags

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

Important CME update – new mandatory iLink tags

Postby admin » 26 May 2011

Dear traders,

As some of you may already know, on June 3rd 2011 new iLInk regulations by CME come into effect. The official CME release can be found here – http://www.cmegroup.com/globex/files/ne ... nktags.pdf. Everyone submitting orders to CME must now include information about:
1. Application version
2. Whether the order was placed manually or automatically
3. Location code of where orders are placed from

These changes mean that all trading software vendors and brokers had to adjust their programs in order to comply with these requirements. We coordinated with all supported brokers and updated all APIs as required. You will need to simply update your MultiCharts version before June 3rd – and you can trade as usual.

If you are using MultiCharts 6.01please download and install 6.02. The only difference will support for new tags. This should not affect any read-only add-on studies that you have licensed to your UserID, i.e. everything should continue working as usual. This version will be available for download before this weekend in the Downloads section.

If you are using MultiCharts 7 or MCDT beta versions – simply update to MultiCharts 7 Beta 4.

Simple and easy. Happy trading.

FogChaser2011

Re: Important CME update – new mandatory iLink tags

Postby FogChaser2011 » 01 Jun 2011

I currently use MC 6.0.1 with several custom indicators only for charting (I prefer to use a different platform for trading orders).

Do I have to switch to 6.0.2 if I do NOT send any trade orders via MC? Because of the custom indicators I would rather not switch unless I have to. I am not interested version 7 until there is a stable official release.

Thanks.

Stan Bokov

Re: Important CME update – new mandatory iLink tags

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Jun 2011

I currently use MC 6.0.1 with several custom indicators only for charting (I prefer to use a different platform for trading orders).

Do I have to switch to 6.0.2 if I do NOT send any trade orders via MC? Because of the custom indicators I would rather not switch unless I have to. I am not interested version 7 until there is a stable official release.

Thanks.
No, you don't need to switch if you don't trade automatically.

Return to “MultiCharts”