Power Editor Right click does not open function

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Power Editor Right click does not open function

Postby bowlesj3 » 13 Jun 2011

Sometimes when I am in the PowerLanguage Editor if I right click on a function the menu that comes up has the "Open The Function" as protected so I can not open it.

I assume this is never suppose to happen. Might this be a bug or is it possible it is a memory problem causing this?

Stan Bokov

Re: Power Editor Right click does not open function

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Jun 2011

Can you post a screenshot? Are you sure that the function that you are clicking on is NOT protected (i.e. read-only?)

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Jun 2011

Hi Stan,

It is one of my functions and none are ever protected.

I think it is a machine memory issue. I am for sure a power user and when I first got MC I had a machine that met that requirement. However I checked your specs for this now and I am barely intermediate. Not only that, over the 3.80 years since then, I have written two apps that run with it. These apps, in total, have 4 timers running (2 crunching a lot of code) so I think my machine may start on fire soon :-) The Windows task manager performance reports suggests I should get the fire extinguisher right now :-)

Thanks,
John

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 14 Jun 2011

Well you better get one then :) It doesn't reproduce here, let us know if it reproduces on a faster machine.

Return to “MultiCharts”