User File Location

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TonyB

User File Location

Postby TonyB » 15 Jun 2011

Setting-up a new pc, and I want to replicate my MCDT set-up that I have on my older computer.

Both are Windows 7. From here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6845#p29765) it states that the data should be in:

All MultiCharts related user files (data/studies/workspaces) are located here:

VISTA & Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\TS Support\

That is so in my older computer, but I don't see a ProgramData folder in C on my new computer (also Windows 7, Professional). Any ideas?

TonyB

Re: User File Location

Ok, after playing around with this more, I found TS Support in the Program Files (x86) folder. So, I plan to drop my older TS Support folder into the new computer, replacing the current one, where it resides under C , Program Files (X86). If there are any concerns or considerations with this location, please let me know.

It's in a different spot than indicated in the above link, so I want to make sure this is alright... Thanks.

TonyB

Further, my workspaces did not move to the new computer. After looking on the old computer, there under my username, and inside Documents. That was the default location selected, as offered by MCDT, to which I just ok'd it...

I had imported the NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX, among a handful of futures on the old computer. I have not been able to find those yet. If one knows where to look, please share.

Suffice it to say, not everything is in the TS Support folder.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 16 Jun 2011

Hi TonyB,

I don't have migrated MultiCharts myself, but perhaps this link can help you:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7913#p36307

Besides that, on my Windows 7 machine, I have the following folders with data from MultiCharts (to be complete, I listed all I could find. I guess you've already found the majority if not all of them):

Code: Select all

C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\TS Support\MultiCharts
Contains the custom folders layout from the PLEditor.

C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts
For the logs, cache and data collector settings.

C:\Users\*name*\Documents
This can be different on you machine, but in this directory my workspaces are saved.

C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts
Contains the database, studies and indicators.

C:\Program Files\MultiCharts
Contains the program itself.

Note: The ProgramData and AppData folders are hidden by default. See http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/ for how to show them.

Regards,
Josh

TonyB

Postby TonyB » 16 Jun 2011

JoshM, mighty kind of you to provide all of that information. Thank you.

That link was helpful... It seems that a fair amount is involved to get going on another computer. Hopefully that will change going-forward. I just exported all of my QM symbols (info from Stan, within that link), so I should have all the symbols in the new computer soon...

Thanks again.

Return to “MultiCharts”