Edit symbol in Quotemanager and loss of all drawings..

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
nemoz

Edit symbol in Quotemanager and loss of all drawings..

Postby nemoz » 17 Jun 2011

Hi to all,
I have a problem, I'm using DDE as real time data source, and if I edit a symbol in Quote Manager (for example from FGH to FGHJ), when I open my workspace and I format my instrument choosing the new one, all the drawings remain connected to the old symbol infact if I look on the workspace right click and format drawing I could see all the drawings all with on status, but base data on the old symbol.
Is it possible to copy all the drawings on the new symbol? Is it possible to format an instruments and mantein the same drawings in the workspace even formatting the instruments?

thanking you in advance

Stan Bokov

Re: Edit symbol in Quotemanager and loss of all drawings..

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 Jun 2011

Hi to all,
I have a problem, I'm using DDE as real time data source, and if I edit a symbol in Quote Manager (for example from FGH to FGHJ),
Dear nemoz,

You should never change an existing symbol, you should always add a new one. This way all proper settings are grabbed when you create the symbol.
when I open my workspace and I format my instrument choosing the new one, all the drawings remain connected to the old symbol infact if I look on the workspace right click and format drawing I could see all the drawings all with on status, but base data on the old symbol.
Yes, that is how drawings work - they are locked to a particular symbol. You would need to recreate your drawings on a different chart if you wish to use another symbol.
Is it possible to copy all the drawings on the new symbol? Is it possible to format an instruments and mantein the same drawings in the workspace even formatting the instruments?
The answer is no, you can't.

Return to “MultiCharts”