Accidental double votes.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Accidental double votes.

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Jun 2011

If we (maybe every few months) scan the MC Project Management for items we want to vote for, it is almost certain we are going to double vote. Is the Project Management system smart enough to link votes based upon user number and (reject a duplicate record) (reject a double vote). If it does do this I am curious if it tells us we already voted for that item.

Comment: I like the Project Management system (pretty cool). However is there a way to get back in and update my entry after it has had final submission.

JoshM

Re: Accidental double votes.

Postby JoshM » 19 Jun 2011

Comment: I like the Project Management system (pretty cool). However is there a way to get back in and update my entry after it has had final submission.
You mean editing a submitted issue? That's possible, just log in and navigate to your issue and click the 'pencil' near the 'Description and details' header.

Perhaps a picture is more clear than the description (see attachment), where this pencil thing is highlighted with red. :)

I agree with you regarding the possible double entries. Perhaps it would be handy to display, before one's submits his or her issue, a list of related entries so that the user can check those out before submitting his bug/feature request.

Regards,
Josh
Attachments
changePM.PNG
(15.57 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Jun 2011

Hi Josh,

Thanks for pointing out the Pencil. Maybe that is a standard I am not aware of.

I just discovered there is a way to edit the title/subject of the issue using the "issue edit" button. However one can not change priority it seems.

I agree with you regarding the possible double entries. Perhaps it would be handy to display, before one's submits his or her issue, a list of related entries so that the user can check those out before submitting his bug/feature request.
Regarding your comment, before I submit an issue I just do a search using a few keywords until I figure no one has requested it. For example when I submitted the one asking for more ways to execute a study I just searched "execute" and no more. There were none so I went ahead. On the other hand when I went to submit my request for a "break" command, I used that keyword and someone had already asked for a full debugger which included a break command. So I left it and voted for it.

What I am actually thinking more of is scanning all issues in charting for example (a feature area I use of course) and seeing if there are any interesting requests for change that I could use but had not thought of. IF I figure I could use it I will vote for it. However I am the type who will set up a routine to do this every 6 months maybe. No doubt I will forget what I voted for. So it would be really cool (just thought of this) if the user could see before hand if they had already voted for the feature. It could even be useful at times to see a list of items we had already voted on (sort of a variation on the watch list idea). I guess I will have to remember to make a watch list entry when I vote. So here is another improvement they could make. If we vote for something they could ask us if we want to make a watch list entry.

John

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 Jun 2011

As far as I know, only one vote per issue is allowed per user name.

Return to “MultiCharts”