MC and IB TWS problems

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DRCM

MC and IB TWS problems

Postby DRCM » 21 Jun 2011

Hello,

when I open MC and then a new DOM window my IB TWS market data connections start reconnecting time after time ( at least 1-3 reconnections a minute on all data futures, forex, stocks ), when I close MC everything back to normal in some time. looks like all works ok after market hours. tested yesterday and today, MC7 beta 4, tws 918.4 and 918.6. I`ve got open 4 hourly charts all the time for @ES#, EURUSD.COMP, GBPUSD.COMP, USDJPY.COMP from IQFeeD in MultiCharts and then open from one to four DOM windows with same contracts ( ESU1, EUR.USD, GBP.USD and USD.JPY ) connected with IB. My internet connection speed is 2MB, so, I don`t think it`s too slow. I never had any problems or any missing data if I run hourly or even 15 mins charts with AB (~5-8 charts of Hr/15min at the same time) and MultiCharts( 4-5 charts of HR/15min at the same time) together, no slow down, reconnections or missing data.
Could be some issues between TWS and MC/DOM communication?
Have anybody ever experienced similar problems?
Thanks

Stan Bokov

Re: MC and IB TWS problems

Postby Stan Bokov » 22 Jun 2011

Dear DRCM,

You can look at the log at the bottom of QuoteManager to find hints about what's happening with the connection and why. Any warnings from IB (such as the Pacing violation) will be displayed there. Overall, DOM shouldn't cause any problems. Some people ask why they are not seeing DOM data, and that's because you need separate subscriptions from IB to the symbols (but I assume you are seeing DOM data).

If you can't find any hints and this behavior persists, please come to our Live Chat so we can look at the issue for you.

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 22 Jun 2011

Hi,

very strange , but no disconnections today so far. except this error message in QuoteManager : "TWS error message: id=7, code = 309, max number (3) of market depth requests has been reached" I kept receiving every 10 secs. when I closed my 4th DOM window ( left open only 3 DOM windows ) error disappeared. does it mean that IB restrict it up to 3 symbols?

thanks
Last edited by DRCM on 22 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

DRCM

Postby DRCM » 22 Jun 2011

after I wrote my previous post I got one disconnection. I copied these logs here:

[06/22/2011 19:10:01] TWS error message: Id= 5; code= 317; description= Market depth data has been RESET. Please empty deep book contents before applying any new entries.

[06/22/2011 19:10:01] TWS error message: Id= 3; code= 317; description= Market depth data has been RESET. Please empty deep book contents before applying any new entries.

[06/22/2011 19:10:01] TWS warning message: Id= -1; code= 2103; description= Market data farm connection is broken:cashfarm

[06/22/2011 19:10:09] TWS warning message: Id= -1; code= 2104; description= Market data farm connection is OK:cashfarm

thanks

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 22 Jun 2011

Hi,

very strange , but no disconnections today so far. except this error message in QuoteManager : "TWS error message: id=7, code = 309, max number (3) of market depth requests has been reached" I kept receiving every 10 secs. when I closed my 4th DOM window ( left open only 3 DOM windows ) error disappeared. does it mean that IB restrict it up to 3 symbols?

thanks
Seems that way - these messages come directly from the IB API. We don't write them, we simply display them.

Return to “MultiCharts”