New and having some issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
zzr1200al

New and having some issues

Postby zzr1200al » 27 Jun 2011

Hey everyone first time poster.

I have been using MC 6.1 for a couple months. I have tried a search for all of these but nothing has answered my questions so if there is a link I missed feel free to point me there.

1) I have IB as a feed and I have not figured out how to create a continuous feed for ES, NQ etc. My daily charts do not work. So any light on that would be good.
2) I used TS for a while and I could save my desktops etc. Here when I close out MC I lose everything and have to reload all my work spaces. I open 2 desktops and 1 will reload but not the other unless its the samething.. Is there any way to save a desktop with all your workspaces.
3) I now have access to open e cry data feed and I want to add it to MC to enable me to receive tick data. Every thing is setup with username and password but it will not log on. It works on the DT version but not 6.1. Any advice there would be helpful.

Thanks
Jeff

TJ

Re: New and having some issues

Postby TJ » 27 Jun 2011

I have been using MC 6.1 for a couple months. I have tried a search for all of these but nothing has answered my questions so if there is a link I missed feel free to point me there.
When you do a search, just skip most of the posts and zero in on replies by Andrew Kirillov, Dave Masalov, or Stan Bokov. They are the MultiCharts experts.

TJ

Postby TJ » 27 Jun 2011

2) I used TS for a while and I could save my desktops etc. Here when I close out MC I lose everything and have to reload all my work spaces. I open 2 desktops and 1 will reload but not the other unless its the samething.. Is there any way to save a desktop with all your workspaces.
Thanks
Jeff
Go to File > Preferences > Workspaces

zzr1200al

Postby zzr1200al » 27 Jun 2011

Thanks, my preferences are all set to save, the problem is I open multicharts and the frist window opens all of them fine.. the second mc has the same settings but opens the same thing the first one did. So I close all of those and go open the ones I want manually everytime. I have decided it must not work for each desktop.

Jeff

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 28 Jun 2011

When you do a search, just skip most of the posts and zero in on replies by Andrew Kirillov, Dave Masalov, or Stan Bokov. They are the MultiCharts experts.
Thanks :) We'll try to keep up the high standard you've set for us.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 28 Jun 2011

Welcome!
1) I have IB as a feed and I have not figured out how to create a continuous feed for ES, NQ etc. My daily charts do not work. So any light on that would be good.
In order to create a custom futures symbol, you have to add all of the individual contracts to the QuoteManager first, and then go to Instrument > Add Custom Futures. Set your settings, and click OK - the symbol should be in your QM now

We apply a slightly different methodology. While TS deals with multiple monitors with desktops, in MC you can detach charts, drag them where you want, and even pin them there. You don't need multiple desktops to deal with multiple monitors, workspaces work the same way. But if you do want multiple MC's spread across your screen, simply open MC again, and you will have another instance, which you can drag to another screen and open select workspaces there.
3) I now have access to open e cry data feed and I want to add it to MC to enable me to receive tick data. Every thing is setup with username and password but it will not log on. It works on the DT version but not 6.1. Any advice there would be helpful.
MC 6.1 is an old version. Brokers and data feeds change up their platforms all the time, and we release updaters. I suggest you upgrade to MC7 beta 4 and OEC will work again. However, if you wish to keep using 6.1, I've attached an updater. Simply download it, unzip it, and run the Updater.exe (make sure MC and all other related programs are closed).
Attachments
MC_OEC_70.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 106 times

zzr1200al

Postby zzr1200al » 29 Jun 2011

Thanks for the replies. I had major problems yesterday so wasn't able to come here.. I tried the upgrade to 7 thats what created my problems. I could get online with open e cry but it never responded. It acted the same as if it had no connection at all. I also lost all of my custom indicators, so I went back to the newest version of 6 and that still didnt work. I finally got a link to the version I had and now everything is working.

I will try the creating the windows you were talking about instead of opening up 2 MC's.
I just downloaded the file and will give it a shot. I will let u know.

Thanks
Jeff

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 30 Jun 2011

Thanks for the updates. We are working on making the platform more user-friendly :)

zzr1200al

Postby zzr1200al » 30 Jun 2011

OK. I downloaded the update. I finally have it connected, but wehn I try to put symbols in from quote manager it just says its waiting.. If I force feed it thru manual and try to load a chart , it says its establishing connection but never does. Any other thoughts here.

Thanks
Jeff

zzr1200al

Postby zzr1200al » 30 Jun 2011

**************UPDATE*************

I decided I would try it one more time. I re loaded the update and things seem to work now.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

zzr1200al

Postby zzr1200al » 06 Jul 2011

Well, still have issues, just not sure who's fault it is. :)
I end up having to reload the update everytime I loose connection. Also the data I am receiving from OEC is tick data, its just not streaming it live. If you tell it to reload 1 day it will bring it to current price but as soon as it starts live its sending something else. OEC isnt much help. I have looked at every setting I can find and its all set for tick data. I hope somebody has a simple fix to this.

Thanks
Jeff

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 07 Jul 2011

That's really strange. If you data is not delayed, that should not happen. Please come to our Live Chat tomorrow and we'll take a look.

zzr1200al

Postby zzr1200al » 15 Jul 2011

Sorry for the long delay. I gave up on OEC and went to IQ feed. So far it works much better.. I can only get 30 days of tick data.. IQfeed says its the version of MC I have..

The only reason for not upgrading is loosing my custom indicators. I understand that you guys change something that doesn't allow then to continue working after every upgrade. That part sucks.. I hope after the launch of the real version that gets changed. I would like to upgrade now but how many more versions will there be..

Thanks
Jeff

Return to “MultiCharts”