Anybody use IQFeed.net?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
furytrader

Anybody use IQFeed.net?

Postby furytrader » 06 Jul 2011

I was wondering whether any MultiCharts users are using IQFeed.net - what have your experiences been? Does it seem to update fast? Any issues with data quality? Is customer service any good?

I currently use eSignal but I'm thinking of switching. Any insights or comments are appreciated!

Stan Bokov

Re: Anybody use IQFeed.net?

Postby Stan Bokov » 06 Jul 2011

I think it's quite popular among the users, I've heard good reviews. However, I will leave it to others to provide opinions.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 06 Jul 2011

My experience:

Futures -- excellent;
Forex -- second-rate.

Khalid

I think IQFeed offers a trial.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 06 Jul 2011

30 day IQFeed trial for MC users only - details here https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/?p=195

arnie

Postby arnie » 06 Jul 2011

I used IQfeed for more then a year and never had any complains. A 5* service, and cheaper than eSignal for european clients due to the VAT.
Since IQFeed haven't offices in Europe, their european clients don't need to pay the VAT. eSignal clients, on the other hand, have to pay this because they have offices in England :(

Unfortunately I was forced to move back to eSignal since IQFeed don't have the CME fee waiver for IB clients, and this alone is a huge money saver.

Regards.

asyx

Postby asyx » 13 Jul 2011

Hi furytrader,

I trade on Rithmic and have IQFeed mainly because of the historical data.

To me it seems that the Rithmic feed is a little little bit faster than IQ but I´m located in Germany.
On the other side have I observed that IQ seems to have more ticks. But I had only a short look on this two points, so it ist perhaps not statistically valid :-)

The internet cable in my street is defect. That´s way I lose my internet connection from time to time. The IQ-client has problems with auto-reconnect after my internet connection was down. That is also the case when the router restarts or similar things . Every time this happens I have to reconnect manually.

In regard to different things I had contact with three people from IQ / DTN. Namely Loren Foster, Jerry Chandler and Dave Forss. They all had been extraordinary supportive every time.

Regards,
asyx

jl12

Postby jl12 » 13 Jul 2011

I use it -reliable and fast

Laurentius

Postby Laurentius » 24 Jul 2011

I use them and are definitely going to stick with them. Nice customer service and dedicated support too. Compared to eSignal; IQFeed has better data, better customer service, and better support. Pretty easy choice :)

Return to “MultiCharts”