merging chart data  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
keno54

merging chart data

Postby keno54 » 17 Jul 2011

Perhaps I am slow, but I find it impossible to actually merge historical and real time data on the charts. I have tried every combination imaginable, including an online session with "George" at MultiCharts. I cannot make use of historical data from Free Quotes and Real Time data from Interactive Brokers on the same chart. You can have one or the other, but not both on the same chart. It just won't do it.

Am I missing something here?

TJ

Re: merging chart data  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 17 Jul 2011

Perhaps I am slow, but I find it impossible to actually merge historical and real time data on the charts. I have tried every combination imaginable, including an online session with "George" at MultiCharts. I cannot make use of historical data from Free Quotes and Real Time data from Interactive Brokers on the same chart. You can have one or the other, but not both on the same chart. It just won't do it.

Am I missing something here?
What kind of instrument are you charting?
How many?
What resolution?
What procedure do you use to create the charts?

Stan Bokov

Re: merging chart data

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 Jul 2011

Make sure you don't use resolution lower than one day because FreeQuotes doesn't provide anything lower than that. If you merge a daily chart it should work. If not, please come to our Live Chat so we can look at the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”