MCDT Release InteractiveBrokers problem  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kojava

MCDT Release InteractiveBrokers problem

Postby kojava » 29 Jul 2011

I have been using MCDT Beta and trading 6E euro future contract on Interactive Brokers with no problem.

Today, I upgraded to MCDT Release and it is no longer working for me. I can get data feed, chart, and DOM for 6E but when I tried to trade I have been getting "No security definition has been found for the request" error.

I also tried deleting the symbol and adding it back using QuoteManager -> Add Symbol -> Add From DataSource ->Interactive Brokers and I am stilling getting the same error. I find it strange that I can get data but can't trade. The symbol that is in my QuoteManager for 6E is 6EU1 with GLOBEX as exchange.

Stan Bokov

Re: MCDT Release InteractiveBrokers problem

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Aug 2011

That message is sent by IB when they don't recognize the symbol you are trying to trade. Check your mapping settings, or delete all mapping and re-add it. If that doesn't help, please come to our Live Chat so we can have a look.

Re: MCDT Release InteractiveBrokers problem  [SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 01 Aug 2011

The symbol was recognized just fine in MultiCharts DT beta. So why did it stop working after upgrading to release? It is the exact same symbol, with same expiration date.
That message is sent by IB when they don't recognize the symbol you are trying to trade. Check your mapping settings, or delete all mapping and re-add it. If that doesn't help, please come to our Live Chat so we can have a look.

Postby Guest » 01 Aug 2011

Also, I am getting data and see the charts and DOM in MultiCharts, so I think IB is recognizing the symbol. I only get the error when I try to trade with MultiCharts DT. I don't get any errors when I trade with IB TWS.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 02 Aug 2011

Please come to the Live Chat, it difficult to analyze the situation with knowing only the symptoms.

Return to “MultiCharts”