up and down ticks

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

up and down ticks

Postby arnie » 14 Aug 2011

Hi.

Something strange is happening, maybe normal, but strange to me.

On a minute chart, I have historical UpTicks data but no DownTicks (indicator is at zero).
On a contract chart, I have both historicals, Up and DownTicks.

I'm using eSignal as data provider. Is this a normal reaction?

Regards,
Fernando

JDdog

Re: up and down ticks

Postby JDdog » 15 Aug 2011

don't know why, but it's true for me as well. to get up/down ticks i use a tick chart.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Aug 2011

Dear Sir,

eSignal does not provide UpTicks and DownTicks data for minutes, only for tick data. All volume is displayed as UpTicks for minute data.

horton

Postby horton » 16 Aug 2011

I have submitted a request in the project management system for Multicharts to provide Esignal users with the same uptick downtick support now available for IQFeed. If you are an Esignal user and you want this functionality you should vote for my request or submit your own.

My request is MC-361 - Historical Tick Level Bid Ask Volume Support for Esignal

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 25 Aug 2011

Not MC fault.
eSignal does not provide UpTicks and DownTicks data for minutes, only for tick data. All volume is displayed as UpTicks for minute data.
a) Use seconds instead of minutes. (ie: 180 seconds instead of 3 minutes)
b) change to IQfeed.

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Aug 2011

a) Use seconds instead of minutes. (ie: 180 seconds instead of 3 minutes)
b) change to IQfeed.

a) It seems that volume bar charts are able to show up/down ticks correctly, but the seconds charts are indeed a good solution.
b) I was an IQFeed costumer, a happy one I must say, but something called CME waiver service forced me moved to eSignal once again, since they are the one's that have the waiver service for IB costumers.

I remember IQFeed services advising me to change brokers so I could continue with their services, but let's face it, who in their right mind would change brokers only to maintain a data feed service, at least, when someone is happy with the brokers services?

I was an eSignal costumer for years, never had any type of problem with their data delivery. Changed for IQFeed because back then I could save more than $150 a month on fees. Nowadays, money wise, both are very similar, although eSignal costs $30 more per month when comparing basic subscriptions.

Return to “MultiCharts”