PlaceMarketOrder and ChangeMarketPosition

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Algyros

PlaceMarketOrder and ChangeMarketPosition

Postby Algyros » 14 Aug 2011

I have had a problem with orders not being sent from my autotrader to IB. Andrew and the programmers are working on it, and I trust that they will find a solution, but, in the meantime, I would like to try a suggestion made by Stan, namely to use PlaceMarketOrder and ChangeMarketPosition.

However, I'm not sure how to insert these two commands into my code. I'm using the following to generate orders:

Buy to cover this bar;
Sell Short this bar;
Buy this bar;
Sell this bar;

How do I use PlaceMarketOrder and ChangeMarketPosition give a code such as this? I might add that I've been using AA.

Thanks,
Alex

Dave Masalov

Re: PlaceMarketOrder and ChangeMarketPosition

Postby Dave Masalov » 25 Aug 2011

Alex,

PlaceMarketOrder keyword is used in the signal "!From Strategy To Broker MP Synchronizer!". It sends market order to the broker, however this order is not taken into account on the chart. ChangeMarketPosition keyword changes market position without sending the order and is used in the signal "!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer!". The example of usage you can find in these signals.

You can also use "!From Strategy To Broker MP Synchronizer!" and "!From Broker To Strategy MP Synchronizer!" - just apply them to your chart to synchronize the position on your chart and at broker.

Return to “MultiCharts”