IB-TWS Multicharts Updaters

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ilt000

IB-TWS Multicharts Updaters

Postby ilt000 » 01 Sep 2011

Dear Support,

Where can I find the latest updaters of the MC processes in order to make Multicharts works properly with the latest release of the IB TWS (918.9b)?

Many Thanks
ilt000

JoshM

Re: IB-TWS Multicharts Updaters

Postby JoshM » 01 Sep 2011

I'd like to add two questions to this:
I was planning to update TWS this weekend to the version ilt0000 uses, but judging from his comment this is not a good idea?

A more general question is: does MultiCharts advise to update the standalone IB TWS as soon as there is a new TWS version available, or should we hold off updating TWS until a new MultiCharts version is released? If so, where can we find which TWS version is compatible with MultiCharts? (I couldn't find it with a quick look at the changelog).

Regards,
Josh

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 Sep 2011

I'd like to add two questions to this:
I was planning to update TWS this weekend to the version ilt0000 uses, but judging from his comment this is not a good idea?

A more general question is: does MultiCharts advise to update the standalone IB TWS as soon as there is a new TWS version available, or should we hold off updating TWS until a new MultiCharts version is released? If so, where can we find which TWS version is compatible with MultiCharts? (I couldn't find it with a quick look at the changelog).

Regards,
Josh
Knowing TWS's track record,
I usually hold on to the TWS version until it is no longer supported.

Unless there is a persuasive reason to upgrade,
my motto is: don't fix something that ain't broke.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 01 Sep 2011

good motto TJ

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 Sep 2011

I usually hold on to the TWS version until it is no longer supported.
Gee, I thought I was the only one who did this with TWS. I guess it was a much better idea that I realized.

kkhorse

Postby kkhorse » 01 Sep 2011

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'll hold off to automatically update my TWS based on the conversation above. My question is: have anyone encountered a problem of the latest TWS with MultiCharts already? Just curious.

kkhorse

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 02 Sep 2011

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'll hold off to automatically update my TWS based on the conversation above. My question is: have anyone encountered a problem of the latest TWS with MultiCharts already? Just curious.

kkhorse
No problem to report, I have been running it since it came out.....but TJ's observation / suggestion is very important to keep in mind.

ilt000

Postby ilt000 » 02 Sep 2011

No problems also on my side.
Yesterday I had some disconnections of MC with IB, every hour for 20/30 seconds but today I verified that the problems was on the adsl.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Sep 2011

Dear Sirs,

There are no confirmed issues with IB TWS 918.9b and no special updates are needed to use it with MultiCharts. All the updates are usually posted on this forum and are also available in our Live Chat (operates Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST).

Return to “MultiCharts”