How to use 2 Zenfire Logins?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kinkeadfx

How to use 2 Zenfire Logins?

Postby kinkeadfx » 26 Sep 2011

I am using Multicharts DT to trade 2 Zenfire accounts with Ampfutures. I have used my 2 logins and can connect to zenfire to my accounts. The question i have is i have used my login for the 1st account for data feed on the quotemanager, but how and where do i sign in for the 2nd account for data feed on quotemanager?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How to use 2 Zenfire Logins?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Sep 2011

Hello Kinkeadfx.
In the Quote manager please go to the Tools tab->Data sources.
In this window you can clone the existing data feed by clicking on the Clone button.
You will need to input a different Data source name and abbreviation (for ex. Zen-Fire2, ZF2)
Attachments
data feed clone.png
(48.74 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

Postby Guest » 06 Oct 2011

kinkeadfx,

How has Zenfire through Amp Futures been working for you?

I have Amp Futures too. I just started connecting with MultiCharts DT 7.0. Sometimes while looking at a futures contract while adding indicators and changing time frames, all but the current day's history disappears. Also I never get more than the current front month contract worth of data. I'm not really sure what is going on enough to report it, but am always looking for secrets on how to use it. I figure I will just wait patiently until I can try it out with other broker's data feeds who actively support MultiCharts, where I'm not the pioneer.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Oct 2011

Hello Guest.
Do you refer to Zenfire historical data limitations?
Tick-by-tick for the last trading session, minute bars 5 month back, daily bars constructed out of minute bars.
If you have an issue with receiving data-please describe it.

Postby Guest » 06 Oct 2011

Hello Henry,

I was mainly interested in if others on the Zenfire feed were experiencing the same problems.

The short history problem I was running into was with minute data, never used ticks. I could have 50 days back set in the data range setting, but get very little. Changing time frames on the chart wouldn't help it. Starting a new chart for the same symbol seemed to work, and I could have one chart that worked and another that wouldn't.

After looking at the new fix list, I think it might be the enter key issue when selecting symbols, or maybe some other memory leak bug.

I also encountered problems with several workspaces where the CPU resources would get maxed out and the program would lock up requiring me to end the program and reboot to clear out any server processes that were still running.

I think I will just sit tight and wait for the 7.1 release with bug fixes before trying to figure it out since whatever is causing these things may have already been addressed.

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Oct 2011

MultiCharts DT 7.1 beta 1 will be released next week.
Please let me know if the problems will be present after the installation of this version.
I will do my best to help you.

James (guest)

Postby James (guest) » 07 Oct 2011

Thank you. You guys are ingenious. I'm looking forward to using the program. These are little stumbling blocks compared to the incredible potential in this software.

Return to “MultiCharts”