1 Forum Suggestions & Votes List. Tot-Suggestions: 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

1 Forum Suggestions & Votes List. Tot-Suggestions: 2

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 Oct 2011

Like the parallel thread for the bug-tracker suggestions, I have recreated this thread for the forum. It has one new (low priority) suggestion for the forum. This format allows anyone to add new ideas to this thread and vote on ideas as well. This way the MC staff can find all suggestions in one location and see the votes too. Here are the simple instructions.

This post is the instructions. The second post will always contain a summary of the suggestions.

The format for each suggestion in the second post will be;
Vote Count (Example: VC4),
Suggestion Number (example: #022),
Suggestion Short Form (subject),
Links to details which would be the originator and any additional ideas or comments.

All additional posts will contain either new suggestions, additional comments or votes. In some cases suggestions may be so simple that they are a summary line only with no attached post to explain them and of course no links to that post.

To submit a suggestion give it a subject line and I will copy the subject line into the second post and give it a number then create a link directly to your post.

To vote on one suggestion (for example suggestion #004) create a new post and enter only this VF004. This means "Vote For #004". This way if I fall behind on submitting and counting votes I can do a quick recount by searching for VF004 and get a total (so far, with the bug tracker suggestion thread, I have had very little work. LOL - I guess that is good).

To vote for three suggestions create a new post and enter only this. VF003 VF005 VF008.

If a feature is put in (completed) I will delete the summary entry to reduce reading and decrease the count in the subject line for this thread. If I happen to miss the fact that it has been put in someone can add a post to this thread or PM me.

Other:
I will get an email if this thread has a new post and at the end of each trading day most likely update the subject and numbers. At the bottom of the summary post (post #2) will be this line “Updated from last post number: 5”. That would mean I have updated the summary post #2 using the information on the most recent posts up to post #5. By doing this, anyone can bring the 2nd summary post up to date. At present there is no post to explain the first request (which I created) so the post number is 2 (the summary of requests).

The subject line Total Suggestions will be kept up to date.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 18 Oct 2011, edited 5 times in total.

bowlesj3

Re: 1 Forum Suggestions & Votes List. Tot-Suggestions: 1

VC1 #001 Option to get email notice if a user updates a post (rather than just email for new posts).

VC2 #002 When giving thanks to TJ users get an abort.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9276#p43998

Updated from last post number: 2

This is the link to submit suggestions for the bug tracker (Project Management).
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9252
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 15 Oct 2011, edited 2 times in total.

bowlesj3

Re: 1 Forum Suggestions & Votes List. Tot-Suggestions: 2

An idea for this thread. If MC Staff (1/ created a forum account for the 3rd party creator of the forum software and 2/ put their email address for suggestions in that forum account and 3/ gave them one post in this thread) then every time a user on this forum creates a post to this thread the 3rd party vendor will get an update about the suggestion (as well as a reminder of the full list of suggestions in post #2). This way the users in this forum will get to know this thread and focus all their suggestions here rather than having to know the email address of the 3rd party vendor. MC Staff will then have to do basically nothing while suggestions get directed where they should go.

Return to “MultiCharts”