MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
User avatar
admin
Posts: 79
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 122 times

MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby admin » 02 Nov 2011

This MultiCharts 7.2 beta has a number of user experience improvements, bug and stability fixes. Notable additions are of a local SIM broker for ZenFire/Rithmic and connection to server-side ZenFire/Rithmic paper trading provided by the broker.

Learn more about MultiCharts 7.2 Beta and download it
These users thanked the author admin for the post (total 2):
sptraderJoshM

sptrader
Posts: 638
Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 238 times
Contact:

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby sptrader » 03 Nov 2011

I love the new ability to "drag and Drop" the workspace tabs, but now it's very difficult to re-name them, please check this..
Steve
These users thanked the author sptrader for the post:
Ulich05

User avatar
Dave Masalov
Posts: 1712
Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Nov 2011

sptrader,

The issue with Rename command in context menu has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting. As a workaround, please double click on the workspace tab or press Ctrl+F2 when the workspace is active to rename the workspace.

vking
Posts: 235
Joined: 21 May 2009
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby vking » 03 Nov 2011

- Just wondering - how to get a server side sim accounts for rithmic/zenfire. Do we have to contact the broker to provide them ( if we have live accounts )?

- local sim is a great idea - but would be even better if replay & DOM can be co-related. Is there any possibility of syncing the DOM/Chart - during the reply? ( similar to NT as one can replay the entire environment including the DOM ).

Thanks.

User avatar
Dave Masalov
Posts: 1712
Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 485 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Nov 2011

- Just wondering - how to get a server side sim accounts for rithmic/zenfire. Do we have to contact the broker to provide them ( if we have live accounts )?


vking,

That is correct. Please contact your broker to get a server side sim account.

- local sim is a great idea - but would be even better if replay & DOM can be co-related. Is there any possibility of syncing the DOM/Chart - during the reply? ( similar to NT as one can replay the entire environment including the DOM ).


Thank you for your suggestion. Even though it is a very usefull feature from a user's point of view, it is quite hard to implement. We will consider it for future implementation, but it won't be implemented in the nearest future.
These users thanked the author Dave Masalov for the post:
Stan Bokov

sptrader
Posts: 638
Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 238 times
Contact:

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby sptrader » 03 Nov 2011

Dave Masalov wrote:sptrader,

The issue with Rename command in context menu has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting. As a workaround, please double click on the workspace tab or press Ctrl+F2 when the workspace is active to rename the workspace.


** Thanks Dave, I'll try that..

tcat
Posts: 158
Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 4 times

What's the red box about?

Postby tcat » 03 Nov 2011

Hi,

I just noticed a red box between authorization window and time. Can you explain what it is?
Attachments
MC-RedBox.png
MC-RedBox.png (5.14 KiB) Viewed 2134 times

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 03 Nov 2011

How can we use the Local SIM mode? Is there a setting to manage or an input to check to use the local SIM mode or does it work anyway with no settings ?
Thanks in advance.

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6586
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 971 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby TJ » 03 Nov 2011

tcat wrote:Hi,

I just noticed a red box between authorization window and time. Can you explain what it is?

That means you have more quotes than your computer can handle at that moment.
Eventually when all the backlog is cleared up, the red will go away and only shows 0q/0s.

PricePuzzle
Posts: 38
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby PricePuzzle » 03 Nov 2011

TJ wrote:That means you have more quotes than your computer can handle at that moment.

This also means your CPU/RAM power is not enough. You have to close something. Check your Task manager.

tcat
Posts: 158
Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby tcat » 03 Nov 2011

TJ wrote:
tcat wrote:Hi,

I just noticed a red box between authorization window and time. Can you explain what it is?

That means you have more quotes than your computer can handle at that moment.
Eventually when all the backlog is cleared up, the red will go away and only shows 0q/0s.


PricePuzzle wrote:
TJ wrote:That means you have more quotes than your computer can handle at that moment.

This also means your CPU/RAM power is not enough. You have to close something. Check your Task manager.


Thanks to both of you for your answer. I will adapt my settings accordingly.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Nov 2011

tcat wrote:Hi,

I just noticed a red box between authorization window and time. Can you explain what it is?

This can happen in case you have opened a lot of charts at once.
This can also happen if you are using a custom script that is not optimized.
In case you have such study-please send it to us for analysis at support@multicharts.com
CrazyNasdaq wrote:How can we use the Local SIM mode? Is there a setting to manage or an input to check to use the local SIM mode or does it work anyway with no settings ?
Thanks in advance.

You need to create a SIM broker profile. In MultiCharts please go to File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire Local Sim or Rithmic Local Sim.
Configure the settings the way you need.

PricePuzzle
Posts: 38
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby PricePuzzle » 04 Nov 2011

7.2 Stability is hughly improved since 7.0, 7.1. Fully automated trader should be satisfied with this version (with trace disable).

However regarding the logs file that is writing at crazy rate 1GB per day (8 instruments running), i think it is not practical and not handy to deliver. From my opinion, this is harmful to the server. I still question whether MC need to take a look at all 1GB. So i prefer to disable and will enable only when i want to reproduce the issue. Please reconsider this.

PS. I still have 1 issue pending with Katrin about stop moving "Order is in process 92556808(ORA-20136)"(as in attached). Just wanna inform that 7.2 have the same issue but at lower frequency.
1.png
1.png (88.5 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
These users thanked the author PricePuzzle for the post:
SUPER

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Nov 2011

PricePuzzle wrote:7.2 Stability is hughly improved since 7.0, 7.1. Fully automated trader should be satisfied with this version (with trace disable).

However regarding the logs file that is writing at crazy rate 1GB per day (8 instruments running), i think it is not practical and not handy to deliver. From my opinion, this is harmful to the server. I still question whether MC need to take a look at all 1GB. So i prefer to disable and will enable only when i want to reproduce the issue. Please reconsider this.

PS. I still have 1 issue pending with Katrin about stop moving "Order is in process 92556808(ORA-20136)"(as in attached). Just wanna inform that 7.2 have the same issue but at lower frequency.
1.png

Have you contacted FXCM as Katrin requested?

PricePuzzle
Posts: 38
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby PricePuzzle » 04 Nov 2011

Not yet. Actually it is 2 issue.
1)Market is closed. Any trading functionality is not available.(ORA-20126)
2)Order is in process 92556808(ORA-20136)

on (2), Katrin already passed it to the engineers.

For (1) is not critical for me cause it happen once a week at openning of market. However i will do contact FXCM.

If you can identify (2) is FXCM mistake. I will combine it in 1 e-mail.

SUPER
Posts: 624
Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby SUPER » 04 Nov 2011

PricePuzzle wrote:7.2 Stability is hughly improved since 7.0, 7.1. Fully automated trader should be satisfied with this version (with trace disable).

However regarding the logs file that is writing at crazy rate 1GB per day (8 instruments running), i think it is not practical and not handy to deliver. From my opinion, this is harmful to the server. I still question whether MC need to take a look at all 1GB. So i prefer to disable and will enable only when i want to reproduce the issue. Please reconsider this.

PS. I still have 1 issue pending with Katrin about stop moving "Order is in process 92556808(ORA-20136)"(as in attached). Just wanna inform that 7.2 have the same issue but at lower frequency.
1.png



Its a good suggestion to have an option to able/disable log file generation.

+1 Support
These users thanked the author SUPER for the post:
JoshM

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 04 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:You need to create a SIM broker profile. In MultiCharts please go to File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire Local Sim or Rithmic Local Sim.
Configure the settings the way you need.


Thanks, it works fine, but it seems to be a limitation using the local sim. You can trade only 1 contract at time. No scale-in or multiple contracts. All orders submitted after the first contract or orders with more then 1 contract are rejected.
It's possible to work with much contracts at time ?
I've setted the beginning balance at a multiple level than the margin requested from the market, but it rejects anyway the order.
Am I wrong somewhere ?

User avatar
JoshM
Posts: 2089
Joined: 20 May 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 1525 times
Been thanked: 1485 times
Contact:

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby JoshM » 05 Nov 2011

TJ wrote:That means you have more quotes than your computer can handle at that moment.
Eventually when all the backlog is cleared up, the red will go away and only shows 0q/0s.

So, if there's any value in there, there is a backlog of quotes? Because with real-time data I frequently get something like '120q/0s', I figured it meant that it took less than 0 second to put these 120 quotes in the Quote Manager cache, not that there is a backlog or lag of 120 quotes (or are you saying the same thing? :)).

PricePuzzle wrote:This also means your CPU/RAM power is not enough. You have to close something. Check your Task manager.

Does the opposite also holds: as long as the quotes/time indicator does not turn red, you can add more real-time symbols without experiencing lag with charting, order generation and time stamping the data?

Regards,
Josh

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6586
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 971 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby TJ » 05 Nov 2011

JoshM wrote:
TJ wrote:That means you have more quotes than your computer can handle at that moment.
Eventually when all the backlog is cleared up, the red will go away and only shows 0q/0s.

So, if there's any value in there, there is a backlog of quotes? Because with real-time data I frequently get something like '120q/0s', I figured it meant that it took less than 0 second to put these 120 quotes in the Quote Manager cache, not that there is a backlog or lag of 120 quotes (or are you saying the same thing? :)).


This is not an indication to the cache. This is what is being accepted and processed by your computer at the moment.
If the read out is 0s, it means there is NO backlog.

My computer reads 0q/0s 99.999% of the time. I chart one instrument in minutes and ticks resolutions.

PricePuzzle wrote:This also means your CPU/RAM power is not enough. You have to close something. Check your Task manager.

Does the opposite also holds: as long as the quotes/time indicator does not turn red, you can add more real-time symbols without experiencing lag with charting, order generation and time stamping the data?

Regards,
Josh


Causes of lagging:

1. too many symbols, charts, resolutions,
2. too many indicators
3. heavy duty indicator (large array, lots of drawings, etc.,)
4. inefficient indicators (incorrect use of loops, functions, etc.,)
5. not enough computing power (old CPU, not enough RAM, other programs running, anti-virus, etc.,)
6. bad internet (slow connection, bad router, etc.,)
7. volatile market (eg. after an announcement, the trading volume spikes)



hope the above helps
These users thanked the author TJ for the post:
JoshM

User avatar
JoshM
Posts: 2089
Joined: 20 May 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 1525 times
Been thanked: 1485 times
Contact:

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby JoshM » 05 Nov 2011

TJ wrote:This is not an indication to the cache. This is what is being accepted and processed by your computer at the moment.
If the read out is 0s, it means there is NO backlog.

Ah I see, so it actually gives an indication of the amount of "stress" that MultiCharts endures (i.e. how much it's running behind with it's processing of real-time data). Good to know, since then I can plot more symbols, until the read out is 1 sec or more.
TJ wrote:Causes of lagging:

1. too many symbols, charts, resolutions,
2. too many indicators
3. heavy duty indicator (large array, lots of drawings, etc.,)
4. inefficient indicators (incorrect use of loops, functions, etc.,)
5. not enough computing power (old CPU, not enough RAM, other programs running, anti-virus, etc.,)
6. bad internet (slow connection, bad router, etc.,)
7. volatile market (eg. after an announcement, the trading volume spikes)

Thanks for this list of causes. Good to use as a check-list. :)

Regards,
Josh

PricePuzzle
Posts: 38
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby PricePuzzle » 05 Nov 2011

Agree with TJ, from my experience the biggest factor is number of charts which means the number of data complied. Skip identical tick option can reduce some workload.

OPT window is another big factor, try it you will see that it consume 10 to 20% more of CPU. So i will open only if i want to see overall picture.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2011

CrazyNasdaq wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote:You need to create a SIM broker profile. In MultiCharts please go to File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire Local Sim or Rithmic Local Sim.
Configure the settings the way you need.


Thanks, it works fine, but it seems to be a limitation using the local sim. You can trade only 1 contract at time. No scale-in or multiple contracts. All orders submitted after the first contract or orders with more then 1 contract are rejected.
It's possible to work with much contracts at time ?
I've setted the beginning balance at a multiple level than the margin requested from the market, but it rejects anyway the order.
Am I wrong somewhere ?

There is no limitation for the amount of contracts to be traded with the Local Sim broker profile.
Make sure the balance you have specified in the Broker profile settings is enough to perform your trade.
Go to File -> New -> Order and position tracker window -> Logs tab.
Please provide the screenshot of this tab so that we can see the message with rejection reason.
These users thanked the author Henry MultiСharts for the post:
Stan Bokov

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: What's the red box about?

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 07 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:There is no limitation for the amount of contracts to be traded with the Local Sim broker profile.
Make sure the balance you have specified in the Broker profile settings is enough to perform your trade.
Go to File -> New -> Order and position tracker window -> Logs tab.
Please provide the screenshot of this tab so that we can see the message with rejection reason.


Thanks Henry, I've solved the problem modifyng the margin settings and adding the dimension of the account.

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1589
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 478 times
Been thanked: 509 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby arnie » 08 Nov 2011

I can't tell from which version this started to happened, but I'm just looking at my charts and it is happening once again.

I have 12 charts (all with the same symbol, but with different time frames and indicators) in one workspace, and from time to time, one of them froze and stop updating. It doesn't matter which one it is since I've noticed this happening with a chart that has indicators and a chart that has no indicators.
I'm forced to close the workspace and open it again so that specific chart starts to be updated once again.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2011

arnie wrote:I can't tell from which version this started to happened, but I'm just looking at my charts and it is happening once again.

I have 12 charts (all with the same symbol, but with different time frames and indicators) in one workspace, and from time to time, one of them froze and stop updating. It doesn't matter which one it is since I've noticed this happening with a chart that has indicators and a chart that has no indicators.
I'm forced to close the workspace and open it again so that specific chart starts to be updated once again.

Does it happen after reload or just by itself? Please describe the steps for reproducing the issue.

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6586
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 971 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby TJ » 08 Nov 2011

arnie wrote:I can't tell from which version this started to happened, but I'm just looking at my charts and it is happening once again.

I have 12 charts (all with the same symbol, but with different time frames and indicators) in one workspace, and from time to time, one of them froze and stop updating. It doesn't matter which one it is since I've noticed this happening with a chart that has indicators and a chart that has no indicators.
I'm forced to close the workspace and open it again so that specific chart starts to be updated once again.

This happens to all the previous versions of MultiCharts -- if the internet or datafeed is disconnected, some of the charts might remain frozen when the connection resumes. Maybe it is still waiting for a previously requested data pack? I notice that volume bar charts can often pick up where it left off, but minute charts have a higher propensity to remain stuck.

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1589
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 478 times
Been thanked: 509 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby arnie » 08 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:Does it happen after reload or just by itself? Please describe the steps for reproducing the issue.


Just by itself. Today I opened MC at 8:00am and at 10:18 one chart (of the 12), stop updating. I hit the reload button, but it didn't reload the missing data. All the other 11 charts are updating fine.

TJ wrote:This happens to all the previous versions of MultiCharts -- if the internet or datafeed is disconnected, some of the charts might remain frozen when the connection resumes. Maybe it is still waiting for a previously requested data pack? I notice that volume bar charts can often pick up where it left off, but minute charts have a higher propensity to remain stuck.


Actually, today is a volume chart that frozen.
Yes, when internet access fails or data feed fails MC hangs there, waiting for god knows what, even when all is back online again, but this time, as far as I could see, I didn't have any type of break.

Actually, MC should have an alert system to warn us when internet or data feed fails. A pop up window right in the middle of the screen with visible letters would be preferable, and should be visible till the user close it. This way we would never be caught out guard if we need to go away from the screens for a minute or two
These users thanked the author arnie for the post:
PricePuzzle

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2011

arnie wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote:Does it happen after reload or just by itself? Please describe the steps for reproducing the issue.


Just by itself. Today I opened MC at 8:00am and at 10:18 one chart (of the 12), stop updating. I hit the reload button, but it didn't reload the missing data. All the other 11 charts are updating fine.

TJ wrote:This happens to all the previous versions of MultiCharts -- if the internet or datafeed is disconnected, some of the charts might remain frozen when the connection resumes. Maybe it is still waiting for a previously requested data pack? I notice that volume bar charts can often pick up where it left off, but minute charts have a higher propensity to remain stuck.


Actually, today is a volume chart that frozen.
Yes, when internet access fails or data feed fails MC hangs there, waiting for god knows what, even when all is back online again, but this time, as far as I could see, I didn't have any type of break.

Actually, MC should have an alert system to warn us when internet or data feed fails. A pop up window right in the middle of the screen with visible letters would be preferable, and should be visible till the user close it. This way we would never be caught out guard if we need to go away from the screens for a minute or two

Please send us the workspace you are using, Multicharts logs, screenshots and detailed description of the problem to my email (support@multicharts.com).
Please keep in mind that the logs are erased on the restart of MultiCharts.
You need to reproduce the issue and collect the logs.
Here's how to find them:
1)You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop
up make a zip-folder.
or
2) click on the Windows Start button-> Programs -> MultiCharts ->
make a right click on Logs-> then click on Properties.
Go to the Shortcut tab and click on "Open file location".
In the appeared window please compress to Zip folder called "Logs".

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1589
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 478 times
Been thanked: 509 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby arnie » 08 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:Please send us the workspace you are using, Multicharts logs, screenshots and detailed description of the problem to my email (support@multicharts.com).
Please keep in mind that the logs are erased on the restart of MultiCharts.
You need to reproduce the issue and collect the logs.
Here's how to find them:
1)You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop
up make a zip-folder.
or
2) click on the Windows Start button-> Programs -> MultiCharts ->
make a right click on Logs-> then click on Properties.
Go to the Shortcut tab and click on "Open file location".
In the appeared window please compress to Zip folder called "Logs".



Just sent the logs, but not screenshots since I had already closed the workspace and opened it again so data could be reloaded.

You know that it's almost impossible to reproduce the event since, like I said, it happens from time to time. Sometimes affect minute charts, other times volume bar charts, sometimes charts with indicators, other times charts without indicators. May it has to do with TJ said, some break in internet or data feed access, I don't know. Create the alarm I mentioned earlier and I guarantee you that it will help in clearing part of the problem. If a connection failure happens when I'm away from the computer, and all charts are updating fine, but one is not, and I have a pop up window warning me of such failure, then I know why that chart didn't re-initiate the data update.

It shouldn't be hard to create an alarm warning us of a connection lost. I think it's a must have nowadays when you have a trading platform like MC's, from which you can trade. Sometimes quotes stops for a couple of seconds, leaving us glued to the screen, waiting for the next tick, this is normal behavior for daytraders. Now, imagine you notice that quotes are taking a bit to much time to print that next tick when you notice that you have no internet access. You may have just loss 10 or more seconds guessing what the hell was happening to the quotes when in reality you had no internet access because your trading platform is not that friendly to you since it cannot warn you about such basic stuff as the loss of a connection.
These users thanked the author arnie for the post:
JoshM

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 08 Nov 2011

It's possible to add in the Order and Position Tracker window a field about the daily profit & Loss or better the profit & Loss form a specific date to a specific date ?
It would be useful to monitor the performance during a period or on daily basis
These users thanked the author CrazyNasdaq for the post:
JoshM

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 09 Nov 2011

I've a suggestion that would be very useful for each discretionary trader who uses Multicharts and in the same time would make Multicharts the unique and first platform which create a Discretionary Strategy performance report for his customer.
It would be very very useful if in the Oredr and position tracker could be insert a way to obtain a complete statistic page which show the performance, the results, the equity line, the draw down and all that can be useful to create a complete strategy performance report but not for automated strategies, but for a single strategy for each discretionary trader.
Many as me, uses and excel spreadsheet to create this kind of information starting from collecting every single trade and then elaborating them to have a clear picture of what I'm doing, which are my powerful aspects and which the weakness.
All this work starts from the same basic informations that we have in the order and position tracker, so it would be great if we could create a strategy control panel even for discretionary traders.
This would be even a way to bring many new discretionary traders to use Multicharts and in the same time would be an interesting aspect from the broker side, to interface their platform and their services with multicharts.
This would make Multicharts the first platform which gives the trader a complete picture of his single and unique trading methodology even if discretionary.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Nov 2011

CrazyNasdaq wrote:I've a suggestion that would be very useful for each discretionary trader who uses Multicharts .....
CrazyNasdaq wrote:It's possible to add in the Order and Position Tracker window a field about the daily profit & Loss or better the profit & Loss form a specific date to a specific date ?
It would be useful to monitor the performance during a period or on daily basis

Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

pmat
Posts: 40
Joined: 10 Jun 2011
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby pmat » 09 Nov 2011

Dear all,

beware if you plan to trade live with a TT feed and this version of MC.

At several occasions today I had illegitimate trades initiated through DOM, whose position was erroneous.

Support is investigating, but I feel better to pass the word out there.

Take care.

Pascal
These users thanked the author pmat for the post (total 2):
PricePuzzleJoshM

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 09 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

I've created a PM issue to promote my usability suggestion for the Order and Position tracker.
Here you can vote for it if you find it useful.
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-697

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Nov 2011

CrazyNasdaq wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote:Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

I've created a PM issue to promote my usability suggestion for the Order and Position tracker.
Here you can vote for it if you find it useful.
http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-697

Manual trading performance report is already confirmed for MultiCharts 7.3. This version will be released in about 2 weeks.
Here is the link for the PM record.
If you would like to have additional filters in Manual trading performance report please describe these filters in details in your PM request.
These users thanked the author Henry MultiСharts for the post:
sptrader

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 10 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:Manual trading performance report is already confirmed for MultiCharts 7.3. This version will be released in about 2 weeks.
Here is the link for the PM record.
If you would like to have additional filters in Manual trading performance report please describe these filters in details in your PM request.


Very Glad for that.
Thanks !!!

vking
Posts: 235
Joined: 21 May 2009
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby vking » 11 Nov 2011

MC Team - Is this PM request ( in my view - it's a serious auto-trading bug) is going to be implemented any time soon?

Please note that there is no work-around as well for this multi-target order through power language.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-454

thanks

User avatar
JoshM
Posts: 2089
Joined: 20 May 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 1525 times
Been thanked: 1485 times
Contact:

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby JoshM » 12 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:Manual trading performance report is already confirmed for MultiCharts 7.3. This version will be released in about 2 weeks.

That's an impressive, almost Mozilla-like, release schedule. :) Just wondering though, since I'd like to use these new features in real-time trading, when will MC 7.2 come out of beta?

Will all MultiCharts 7.1-7.9 versions, and their new features, become RC with MC8 (Just like MC6 was followed up by the MC7 RC version), or can we expect a RC earlier?

Regards,
Josh

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Nov 2011

vking wrote:MC Team - Is this PM request ( in my view - it's a serious auto-trading bug) is going to be implemented any time soon?

Please note that there is no work-around as well for this multi-target order through power language.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-454

thanks

Hello Vking.
Thank you for your interest.
We will most likely implement this feature in the future, however there is no ETA at the moment.

vking
Posts: 235
Joined: 21 May 2009
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby vking » 14 Nov 2011

Thanks Henry.

Please note that unfortunately - there is no work-around for this multi-target exit orders at present. Ideally this should have been treated as a "bug" (as it is indeed a bug in my opinion) and could have been prioritized - as it is core functionality of the auto trading and whoever is trying to use simulatenous multi-target exit orders through power language would be impacted by this issue.

Thanks.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Nov 2011

JoshM wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote:Manual trading performance report is already confirmed for MultiCharts 7.3. This version will be released in about 2 weeks.

That's an impressive, almost Mozilla-like, release schedule. :) Just wondering though, since I'd like to use these new features in real-time trading, when will MC 7.2 come out of beta?

Will all MultiCharts 7.1-7.9 versions, and their new features, become RC with MC8 (Just like MC6 was followed up by the MC7 RC version), or can we expect a RC earlier?

Regards,
Josh

We've got a little "messy" development cycle with MultiCharts 7 because we have constantly fixed bugs and added new features.
New features mean new bugs that we need to fix.
The next version will be MultiCharts 7.3 beta that will be released this week.
After receiving the feedback and working on the issues our users will receive MultiCharts 7.3 release.
All new features of MC7 will be present in MC8.
RC version is the pre-release version (in our case MC7.3 beta will be like an "RC").
These users thanked the author Henry MultiСharts for the post:
JoshM

PricePuzzle
Posts: 38
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby PricePuzzle » 14 Nov 2011

Hello Henry,

It is understandable that MC is in the tough period, since you are trying to combine auto and manual trading. Most of the problems are generated from new features of manual trading, i beleive.

Since i am fully automated trader, i do not need any new manual trading features. But we are forcing to upgrade the program because our broker issue a new version of Gateway program. On the other hand, some of discretionary trader may not need the auto trading features as well.

So is it possible to have the option to upgrade only on autotrading side or discretionary trading? This may include in installation step.

I guess it is easier for MC to allocate the resource and finally improve servers performance.
These users thanked the author PricePuzzle for the post:
JoshM

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Nov 2011

vking wrote:Thanks Henry.
Please note that unfortunately - there is no work-around for this multi-target exit orders at present. Ideally this should have been treated as a "bug" (as it is indeed a bug in my opinion) and could have been prioritized - as it is core functionality of the auto trading and whoever is trying to use simulatenous multi-target exit orders through power language would be impacted by this issue.
Thanks.

Sir, this is not a bug. This is a limitation of the current PowerLanguage implementation.
With Master Strategy all of the levels are sent at once, every level in a separate OCO group.
Once the first level is filled, all other levels stay at broker.
Unfortunately that is not possible by means of PowerLanguage at the moment.
In PowerLanguage you should send orders for the first level only, then once the first level is filled, order of the second level should be sent.
Your feature request is submitted and currently postponed.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Nov 2011

PricePuzzle wrote:Hello Henry,
It is understandable that MC is in the tough period, since you are trying to combine auto and manual trading. Most of the problems are generated from new features of manual trading, i beleive.
Since i am fully automated trader, i do not need any new manual trading features. But we are forcing to upgrade the program because our broker issue a new version of Gateway program. On the other hand, some of discretionary trader may not need the auto trading features as well.
So is it possible to have the option to upgrade only on autotrading side or discretionary trading? This may include in installation step.
I guess it is easier for MC to allocate the resource and finally improve servers performance.

MultiCharts is a solid software. That is not possible to update only automated or manual part of it.
In each version we develop new features for both automated traders and manual traders, you can see that in our project management system.
For example recently we have developed new PowerLanguage words for auto trading.
Each new development requires bug fixes.
Datafeeds and brokers always do changes on their end.
That is why we need to deliver an updated version of MultiCharts for our users.

IT-Trader
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby IT-Trader » 16 Nov 2011

Elipse Bug
To recreate:
Setup a new chart as follows:
grey backgound
blue OHLC bars
fast tick chart (just so it prints bars quickly).

Draw an elipse.
Bug: As the next bar prints, it draws a black reverse L shape which disappears as the chart rescales but re-appears as the next bar prints.

I don't remember it being an issue in MC6 but has been an issue in all versions of MC7.
Elipse_Bug.PNG
Elipse_Bug.PNG (20.35 KiB) Viewed 2092 times

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Nov 2011

IT-Trader wrote:Elipse Bug
To recreate:
Setup a new chart as follows:
grey backgound
blue OHLC bars
fast tick chart (just so it prints bars quickly).

Draw an elipse.
Bug: As the next bar prints, it draws a black reverse L shape which disappears as the chart rescales but re-appears as the next bar prints.

I don't remember it being an issue in MC6 but has been an issue in all versions of MC7.
Elipse_Bug.PNG

This issue is confirmed as a bug.
It will be fixed in one of the next versions of Multicharts.
These users thanked the author Henry MultiСharts for the post:
JoshM

bowlesj3
Posts: 2028
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby bowlesj3 » 21 Nov 2011

I do not know if this is reported.

I did not get a dump screen but on the latest release MC 7.2 beta both MC and the Editor aborted when I opened the editor. However I opened it again and it was okay (this was after I restarted MC of course). It all happened pretty quick. MC had been running without problem for about 5.5 hours. In the bug tracker I had reported another bug where MC aborts when I display the "about" option in the Help menu.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Nov 2011

bowlesj3 wrote:I do not know if this is reported.

I did not get a dump screen but on the latest release MC 7.2 beta both MC and the Editor aborted when I opened the editor. However I opened it again and it was okay (this was after I restarted MC of course). It all happened pretty quick. MC had been running without problem for about 5.5 hours. In the bug tracker I had reported another bug where MC aborts when I display the "about" option in the Help menu.

Hello Bowlesj3.
Can this problem be reproduced?
Next time the problem will appear - please send us the logs and dumps for investigation.

Please copy the crash message and create the dump.
Here is how to create it:
Download the file and place it to drive C:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27918922/Dumper.exe
Start cmd.exe
Input this line
C:\Dumper.exe multicharts.exe (here you need to input the crashed process)
the dump will be created in this folder:
c:\users\’the user you are currently logged in’

Here's how to find the logs:
1)"%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application
Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop
up make a zip-folder.
or
2) click on the Windows Start button-> Programs -> MultiCharts ->
make a right click on Logs-> then click on Properties.
Go to the Shortcut tab and click on "Open file location".
In the appeared window please compress to Zip folder called "Logs".
Send this archive to us and we will analyze it.

bowlesj3
Posts: 2028
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby bowlesj3 » 23 Nov 2011

Can this problem be reproduced?

Hi Henry,
I do not think it can be reproduced. It has not done this since. It was a strange abort that I have only seen 1 or 2 times in 4 years. It is where MC will abort and not provide a dump form to store the dump. It did not even detect the abort on restart as I at times see. This one was really strange in that both the editor and MC aborted together and immediately went down. So even though it may not be reproducible I thought I would at least mention it just encase someone else has reported it and if so a pattern might be detectable.

Regarding the info you provided, if a dump form is produced I always save the dump to my C drive and send it later because my experience with trying to send it via email is that fails and I do not have a dump to go along with the abort. So at least I am sure the dump is not lost. I have one now that is linked to a PM issue with number MC-717 . Today I was able to attach the dump to that issue. So I guess that is how I will provide them from now on now that I know how to get it to work. I had to rename the zip file and provide a comment with the original name.

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1589
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 478 times
Been thanked: 509 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby arnie » 23 Nov 2011

Is there a way to retrieve data from the DOM using EL?

It would be nice to register all trades per bar using the DOM.

Regards,
Fernando

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Nov 2011

bowlesj3 wrote:
Can this problem be reproduced?

Hi Henry,
I do not think it can be reproduced. It has not done this since. It was a strange abort that I have only seen 1 or 2 times in 4 years. It is where MC will abort and not provide a dump form to store the dump. It did not even detect the abort on restart as I at times see. This one was really strange in that both the editor and MC aborted together and immediately went down. So even though it may not be reproducible I thought I would at least mention it just encase someone else has reported it and if so a pattern might be detectable.

Regarding the info you provided, if a dump form is produced I always save the dump to my C drive and send it later because my experience with trying to send it via email is that fails and I do not have a dump to go along with the abort. So at least I am sure the dump is not lost. I have one now that is linked to a PM issue with number MC-717 . Today I was able to attach the dump to that issue. So I guess that is how I will provide them from now on now that I know how to get it to work. I had to rename the zip file and provide a comment with the original name.


This issue wasn't reported before.
Next time it will appear-please try to provide us with all the information you have.
We will do our best to trace the issue and fix it.

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6586
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 971 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby TJ » 23 Nov 2011

arnie wrote:Is there a way to retrieve data from the DOM using EL?

It would be nice to register all trades per bar using the DOM.

Regards,
Fernando

do you mean a Time & Sales ?

User avatar
arnie
Posts: 1589
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 478 times
Been thanked: 509 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby arnie » 23 Nov 2011

TJ wrote:do you mean a Time & Sales ?


Hi TJ.

Yes!

User avatar
TJ
Posts: 6586
Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Location: Global Citizen
Has thanked: 971 times
Been thanked: 1907 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby TJ » 23 Nov 2011

arnie wrote:Is there a way to retrieve data from the DOM using EL?

It would be nice to register all trades per bar using the DOM.

Regards,
Fernando

you can use the this Time & Sales indicator to retrieve the trades:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7842
These users thanked the author TJ for the post:
Stan Bokov

bowlesj3
Posts: 2028
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby bowlesj3 » 24 Nov 2011

I just want to thank the MC Staff for putting the RecalcLastBarAfter command in. I have had it on my todo list for a long time to try it. This morning I got tired of waiting for the slow ticks to feed one of my many interactive EL scripts and I gave it a run (works great for these types of scripts). For those who do not yet know, this command is very useful for using the MC_(Text/Arw/TL)_GetActive commands for interactive input to MC. On this note, I went through the thread below and updated it to mention the RecalcLastBarAfter command.

"Base Logic for Interactive Text Script: Likely of use to all"
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7764&p=34574#p33280
These users thanked the author bowlesj3 for the post (total 4):
TJHenry MultiСhartsSUPERStan Bokov

PioTrek
Posts: 11
Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby PioTrek » 29 Nov 2011

arnie wrote:
TJ wrote:do you mean a Time & Sales ?


Hi TJ.

Yes!


Recommend using Quotetracker T&S strip. It is least resource demanding application I have come across, it is rather customizable, and very quick/clean/easy to read during periods of high volatility. With use of IQFeed, it is also split sec faster than Multicharts script T&S linked above. Have been using same strip for 5+yrs now, have never used anything else in QT.

sptrader
Posts: 638
Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 238 times
Contact:

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby sptrader » 29 Nov 2011

PioTrek wrote:
arnie wrote:
TJ wrote:do you mean a Time & Sales ?


Hi TJ.

Yes!


Recommend using Quotetracker T&S strip. It is least resource demanding application I have come across, it is rather customizable, and very quick/clean/easy to read during periods of high volatility. With use of IQFeed, it is also split sec faster than Multicharts script T&S linked above. Have been using same strip for 5+yrs now, have never used anything else in QT.

************************************************************************

I've used quotetracker for many years as well- it's very good for a FREE app. Works with many brokers too, like Ameritrade, IB etc.

SP
Posts: 444
Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 280 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby SP » 30 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote: The next version will be MultiCharts 7.3 beta that will be released this week.


Was the release of 7.3 cancelled ? The project management site only lists 7.4 as next one.

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Nov 2011

SP wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote: The next version will be MultiCharts 7.3 beta that will be released this week.


Was the release of 7.3 cancelled ? The project management site only lists 7.4 as next one.

Yes 7.3 release is cancelled. Next version will be MultiCharts 7.4

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 30 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:Yes 7.3 release is cancelled. Next version will be MultiCharts 7.4


How long is for the 7.4 release ?

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Nov 2011

CrazyNasdaq wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote:Yes 7.3 release is cancelled. Next version will be MultiCharts 7.4


How long is for the 7.4 release ?

MultiCharts 7.4 is expected this week.
Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and our Traders’ Blog to get the latest updates.
These users thanked the author Henry MultiСharts for the post:
TJ

User avatar
CrazyNasdaq
Posts: 263
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: ITALY
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 30 Nov 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:
CrazyNasdaq wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote:Yes 7.3 release is cancelled. Next version will be MultiCharts 7.4


How long is for the 7.4 release ?

MultiCharts 7.4 is expected this week.
Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and our Traders’ Blog to get the latest updates.



Very good !!! I've just signed in to your twitter channel.
Glad to know for the upcoming latest release.

Ulich05
Posts: 26
Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Ulich05 » 01 Dec 2011

ive got a muti instument indicator that keeps getting turned off randomly, see attached.


my other charts w indicators that only use 2 instruments are working fine however
Attachments
CropperCapture[16].png
On
CropperCapture[16].png (143.74 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
CropperCapture[15].png
Off
CropperCapture[15].png (57.28 KiB) Viewed 2088 times

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Dec 2011

Ulich05 wrote:ive got a muti instument indicator that keeps getting turned off randomly, see attached.
my other charts w indicators that only use 2 instruments are working fine however

Do you receive any alerts when indicator is applied or running?
Do you open the script and recompile the indicator while it is running on the chart ?

Ulich05
Posts: 26
Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Ulich05 » 01 Dec 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:Do you receive any alerts when indicator is applied or running?

no
Henry Multicharts wrote:Do you open the script and recompile the indicator while it is running on the chart ?

yes, same with all the other indicators that are working properly

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Dec 2011

Ulich05 wrote:
Henry Multicharts wrote:Do you receive any alerts when indicator is applied or running?

no
Henry Multicharts wrote:Do you open the script and recompile the indicator while it is running on the chart ?

yes, same with all the other indicators that are working properly

If the indicator is "Compiled with error" it will be turned off.

Ulich05
Posts: 26
Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Ulich05 » 01 Dec 2011

no errors

01.12.11 12:15:49
------ Build started: ------
Study: "WeekendBrdMkts" (Indicator)
Please wait ....
01.12.11 12:15:51
------ Compiled successfully ------

i can send over a workspace and ELD if you'd like

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Dec 2011

Ulich05 wrote:no errors

01.12.11 12:15:49
------ Build started: ------
Study: "WeekendBrdMkts" (Indicator)
Please wait ....
01.12.11 12:15:51
------ Compiled successfully ------

i can send over a workspace and ELD if you'd like

Please provide a sample script, workspace and a detailed description of reprodusing the issue.
If you are able to reproduce the issue to our engineers - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST.
We will do our best to help you.

Ulich05
Posts: 26
Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Ulich05 » 02 Dec 2011

here you go

interesting here, i restarted MC and it's no longer turning the indicator off however its supposed to update ever tick but isn't, instead it's updating every 10 min which is the duration of the bars.
Attachments
pctchange.zip
wkspc, eld
(69.91 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Dec 2011

Ulich05 wrote:here you go

interesting here, i restarted MC and it's no longer turning the indicator off however its supposed to update ever tick but isn't, instead it's updating every 10 min which is the duration of the bars.

In MultiCharts please go to Format->Study->WeekendBrdMkts->Format->Properties->make sure "update on every tick" option is selected.

Ulich05
Posts: 26
Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Ulich05 » 06 Dec 2011

Henry Multicharts wrote:
Ulich05 wrote:here you go

interesting here, i restarted MC and it's no longer turning the indicator off however its supposed to update ever tick but isn't, instead it's updating every 10 min which is the duration of the bars.

In MultiCharts please go to Format->Study->WeekendBrdMkts->Format->Properties->make sure "update on every tick" option is selected.



It is but still doesn't update in real time. works fine on the non beta MC however
Attachments
CropperCapture[21].png
update every tick
CropperCapture[21].png (115.84 KiB) Viewed 2072 times

User avatar
Henry MultiСharts
Posts: 8511
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Has thanked: 1213 times
Been thanked: 2733 times

Re: MultiCharts 7.2 Beta

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Dec 2011

Ulich05 wrote:It is but still doesn't update in real time. works fine on the non beta MC however

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate the issue.
We will do our best to help you.


Return to “MultiCharts”