TS Data in Multicharts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
stoker

TS Data in Multicharts

Postby stoker » 04 Nov 2011

Hi,

Is anyone using TS data in MC? I just wanted some feedback as to how it works. Specifically when I connect MC to TS data, do I actually need to have the TS application open?

Sorry for the basic question, but I have never used TS. I am currently trialing MC with IQ Feed data but want to compare it to TS data, but don't really want the complexity of having to install and run the full TS platform alongside MC.

thanks,

Stoker

Henry MultiСharts

Re: TS Data in Multicharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2011

Hello Sir.
You need to have TS installed and running on your PC in order to use its data in MultiCharts.

EWaveSK

Postby EWaveSK » 26 Nov 2011

I am trying to connect to TS data through MC. I have tried with TS open and as I attempt to insert symbol I receive timeout message or "TS/ORCAL already in use.. closing down!"

when trying with TS closed I receive message "You must have Administrator or PowerUser rights to run TS (failed to open cachefiles)."

I'm using microsoft vista sp2, TS 9.0 (ver 8949)

thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Nov 2011

If you get «a TS/orcal already in use closing down» error message on Vista or W7: close MultiCharts, make sure that none of the MC processes are left, then right click on the MultiCharts icon and choose Run as administrator. You should run TS as administrator too.

rkhan

Postby rkhan » 02 Jul 2014

Dear Sir,

I was having the same issues, so i followed the same advice
but when i run multicharts as admin, i get the following error

"Firebird database: Database is probably already open by another engin instance in another Windows session"

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Jul 2014

If you run one MultiCharts component as administrator - you need to run all other components as administrator as well. Please close MultiCharts. Then make sure that no processes with MultiCharts description (https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes ) remain in Task Manager, Processes or Details tab. After that is done please right click on MultiCharts icon->Run as Administrator. If you need to start QuoteManager or PLEditor - you need to start them from MultiCahrts window or by right clicking on their icons-> Run as administrator.

rkhan

Postby rkhan » 02 Jul 2014

Dear Sir,

I am making progress, but its not completely resolved yet
With your help i was able to run MC as admin

Now i also opened Quote manager as admin, and added the symbol @ES from TS as the datasource

Then when i went to the symbol right clicked and press CONNECT,
The quote manager event log says "Connecting to real time data for @ES.... no real-teim data for @ES

So it is suggesting i have no real-time data for ES
But in fact i do have real-time data for @ES

because when i open my TS i can view the real time data, and i remember paying the monthly fee to be able to view this real time data in TS?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jul 2014

rkhan, this option does not affect the ability of receiving the realtime data on the charts. Please refer to Online Mode Data Collection article to learn what it actually does.

rkhan

Postby rkhan » 03 Jul 2014

Thankyou, it finally came up

mobelby

Re: TS Data in Multicharts  [SOLVED]

Postby mobelby » 11 Jul 2014

I can attest to the TS connection via MC to be stable.

I run simultaneous connections to CQG, TS and Interactive Brokers during the pit session and have no problems provided my ISP behaves

Return to “MultiCharts”