Is script compiling possible?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mno

Is script compiling possible?

Postby mno » 06 Nov 2011

Hell everyone,

I currently have charts that start off the day with 0 data. Since there was no way for me to set the data range to 0 (which would allow me to start the day with 0 data), I decided to just erase the data and go from there.

When doing this, I noticed that the indicators and signals will have problems detecting the lastbaronchart as well as _lastbaronchart and for me to kick off the signals and indicators, I need to "recompile" them and for some reason, everything starts ticking.

I've tried to Recalc(1) but it's not what I want to do.

Is there way to compile using a script compiler of some sort just to compile 1,2,3 signals at certain time of the hour? I can use a macro to do this.. Thanks.

mno

TJ

Re: Is script compiling possible?

Postby TJ » 06 Nov 2011

Hell everyone,

I currently have charts that start off the day with 0 data. Since there was no way for me to set the data range to 0 (which would allow me to start the day with 0 data), I decided to just erase the data and go from there.

When doing this, I noticed that the indicators and signals will have problems detecting the lastbaronchart as well as _lastbaronchart and for me to kick off the signals and indicators, I need to "recompile" them and for some reason, everything starts ticking.

Is there way to compile using a script compiler of some sort just to compile 1,2,3 signals at certain time of the hour? I can use a macro to do this.. Thanks.

mno
sounds like a complicated maneuver... I am not fully comprehend what you are trying to accomplish.
Can't you simply reset the variables?

mno

Postby mno » 07 Nov 2011

Hell everyone,

mno
sounds like a complicated maneuver... I am not fully comprehend what you are trying to accomplish.
Can't you simply reset the variables?
Yes I am trying to think different...

Resetting variables? Like this?

Code: Select all

Once Begin

if time > 0900 then begin
variable1 = 0;
variable2 = 0;
end;

End;
Do you think this was why it was not reacting to the incoming ticks?

Thanks much.

mno

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Nov 2011

Thanks much.

mno
You will need to give more specific examples to illustrate your scenario.
Can you post a chart? with notes to describe the problem, and what you plan to do to correct the situation?

What is your instrument?
What is your chart resolution?
What are the session times you are using?

mno

Postby mno » 07 Nov 2011

Thanks much.

mno
You will need to give more specific examples to illustrate your scenario.
Can you post a chart? with notes to describe the problem, and what you plan to do to correct the situation?

What is your instrument?
What is your chart resolution?
What are the session times you are using?
Yes, I will but there is really nothing to see on the chart esp. at the opening - where the problem is. Thanks for helping and if I may borrow your imagination.

Let's say it's 10 min before the open. I have a chart. No data, so nothing is drawn, no price, no indicators, no signals, nothing shows - but all ready to fire off when the data comes in and conditions meet and they are on ON status.

Problems: Market opens and data starts to come in.. starts to draw the price.. but the indicators are not plotting.. the signals are not firing off.. just the price is moving..

Solution so far: I recompile the studies "realtime" when this is all happening and suddenly all indicators and signals come alive and starts working.. So I thought.. hmm.. then should I recompile using a time excuted macro? Hence my first initial question... or is there a better way?

Now to answer your Q's:

Instrument - my own symbol (mixture of all kinds of data..)
Chart resolution - PnF chart (pretty like 0.5 / 1 tick)
Session - Non US times.. (Asia)

Hope this helps..

mno

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Nov 2011

Yes, I will but there is really nothing to see on the chart esp. at the opening - where the problem is. Thanks for helping and if I may borrow your imagination.

Let's say it's 10 min before the open. I have a chart. No data, so nothing is drawn, no price, no indicators, no signals, nothing shows - but all ready to fire off when the data comes in and conditions meet and they are on ON status.

Problems: Market opens and data starts to come in.. starts to draw the price.. but the indicators are not plotting.. the signals are not firing off.. just the price is moving..

Solution so far: I recompile the studies "realtime" when this is all happening and suddenly all indicators and signals come alive and starts working.. So I thought.. hmm.. then should I recompile using a time excuted macro? Hence my first initial question... or is there a better way?

Now to answer your Q's:

Instrument - my own symbol (mixture of all kinds of data..)
Chart resolution - PnF chart (pretty like 0.5 / 1 tick)
Session - Non US times.. (Asia)

Hope this helps..

mno
The problem is in your code... there must be some logic preventing it from plotting.

mno

Postby mno » 07 Nov 2011

Ok, thank you. I will look more closely at the code.

mno

Return to “MultiCharts”