ZenFire Demo Trading  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fxtrader72

ZenFire Demo Trading

Postby fxtrader72 » 09 Nov 2011

I have downloaded the new MCDT 7.2 and have live ZenFire data feed, but how do you access the ZenFire server-side Demo trading?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: ZenFire Demo Trading

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Nov 2011

You need to create a Sim broker profile.
In MultiCharts please go to File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire/Rithmic Server Sim.
You need to input your Zenfire login details in order to use Zenfire Sim.

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011

can you use it at mirus's live account?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: ZenFire Demo Trading  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Nov 2011

can you use it at mirus's live account?
That is not possible.
You need to have a proper sim login in order to use Server SIM.
You can use local Zenfire Sim which does not require any login details.

topedge

Postby topedge » 21 Nov 2011

Hi,
I have downloaded a trial version last week and am having difficulties getting started. I have a zenfire demo which zenfire assures me is working. When I try to connect to zenfire it stays in perpetual trying to connect state. I was told to start a new zenfire local sim broker profile which I did. I am trying to set up the MC platform to view the market profile in es, cl and 6e. I am not able to start a new chart with any of these instruments. Can you leave a detailed message in how to open a chart for these instruments and how to load market profile?
Thank you

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 22 Nov 2011

When I try to connect to zenfire it stays in perpetual trying to connect state.
Sounds like a possible wrong setting. There's not much info here to go on, but some things that you can look into:

Have you double checked the username and password?
Do you have any other programs running in the background that are also logged in the Zen-Fire demo account (R-Trader, NT?)?
Do you have any firewalls running?
What does the log (File -> New -> Order and Position Tracker, then tab Logs) say?
What does the QuoteManager log say?
What are your connection settings?

Regards,
Josh

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Nov 2011

Hi,
I have downloaded a trial version last week and am having difficulties getting started. I have a zenfire demo which zenfire assures me is working. When I try to connect to zenfire it stays in perpetual trying to connect state. I was told to start a new zenfire local sim broker profile which I did. I am trying to set up the MC platform to view the market profile in es, cl and 6e. I am not able to start a new chart with any of these instruments. Can you leave a detailed message in how to open a chart for these instruments and how to load market profile?
Thank you
Hello Sir.
Please answer the questions specified above by Josh.

To setup the Zenfire Sim data feed you need to go to Quote manager->Tools->Data sources->Zen fire->Settings.
Select Zenfire/Rithmic Server Sim deployment. Input your login and password. Click Ok.
Then add the symbols from the data source.
In the Quote manager go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> Zenfire.
Then you need to create a Sim broker profile.
In MultiCharts please go to File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire/Rithmic Server Sim.
Input your login and password. Click Ok.

Market profile study can be found at this thread but it cannot be imported in MCDT.
You need to have the full version of MultiCharts to operate with Power Language.
Last edited by Henry MultiСharts on 20 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Marco

Postby Marco » 20 Dec 2011

I have been having many issues in connecting my MirusFutures Demo account as I do not see File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire/Rithmic Server Sim as an option!

Marco

I have been having many issues in connecting my MirusFutures Demo account as I do not see File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire/Rithmic Server Sim as an option!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Dec 2011

Zenfire Sim is supported in MultiCharts 7.2 or higher.
Please make sure you are running this version or higher.

In order to use Server-side Sim you need to have Zenfire account demo123@sim.com
The connection guide can be found in this post.

You can use Mirus account for data and use Local Sim broker profile.
Here is how to do it:
You need to create a SIM broker profile.
In MultiCharts please go to File->Broker profiles->Manage->New->Zenfire Local Sim or Rithmic Local Sim.
Configure the settings the way you need.
You do not need to input your Zenfire login details in order to use Zenfire local SIM.
But you need to have your Zenfire data feed connection established
Last edited by Henry MultiСharts on 21 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Marco

Ok Thanks Henry! My Demo Broker is MirusFutures and I also esignal for my live quotes. Also, should I disable esgnal data feed before connecting to ZF?

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Dec 2011

Ok Thanks Henry! My Demo Broker is MirusFutures and I also esignal for my live quotes. Also, should I disable esgnal data feed before connecting to ZF?
Thanks.
You need to have your Zenfire (Mirus) data feed connection established in order to use Zenfire or Rithmic Local Sim.
In MultiCharts you can receive data from multiple data feeds, without disabling one of them.

Emilio

Postby Emilio » 22 Dec 2011

Still having problem with zen fire demo

I am able to display charts with only CME symbols and the connection in quote manager remains always "on" while in MC the icon is yellow

As i said I can't display charts of Eurex Market notwithstanding the symbols are right

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Dec 2011

I am able to display charts with only CME symbols and the connection in quote manager remains always "on" while in MC the icon is yellow
As i said I can't display charts of Eurex Market notwithstanding the symbols are right
"Collect data w/o plotting" for Zenfire symbols you have specified above does not work because you are using December contracts.
You need to add current H2 contracts from the data source.
In the Quote manager please go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> Zenfire.

If you are not able to connect to Zenfire Sim broker - check your connection settings in
File->Broker profiles.
If you are still not able to connect please go to
File -> New -> Order and position tracker window -> Logs tab
provide the screenshot of this tab so that all messages can be read
or export this tab in File->Export to excel.
Then attach it here for further analysis.

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2011

"Collect data w/o plotting" for Zenfire symbols you have specified above does not work because you are using December contracts.
In the Quote manager please go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> Zenfire.

If you are not able to connect to Zenfire Sim broker - check your connection settings in
File->Broker profiles.

File excel here:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/d59ed76ecd_0.22MB

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Dec 2011

File->Broker profiles.

File excel here:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/d59ed76ecd_0.22MB
Please make sure you are running MCDT 7.4 beta 2 and the connection settings in Zenfire broker profile are correct.

Emilio

Postby Emilio » 26 Dec 2011

I use the latest version of MC DT
still having the same problem

Emilio

Postby Emilio » 27 Dec 2011

Ok

The issue has been partially resolved. The right server connection is not "Zen Fire", but "Zen Fire Local Sim"

However I am still not able to populate charts and dom of EUREX market
It stay always in "Waiting for data"

JoshM

Re:

Postby JoshM » 27 Dec 2011

Ok

The issue has been partially resolved. The right server connection is not "Zen Fire", but "Zen Fire Local Sim"

Might be related to:
Zenfire demo works only for Globex market and not for Eurex market.
See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9743#p46434

Edit: Just to add: I have Zen-Fire non-demo, and there are no Eurex issues today or earlier:
screenshot.328.png
FDAX ZenFire
(24.35 KiB) Downloaded 1460 times
Have you tried loading a regular DOM with the normal Zen-Fire login? (So, the Zen-Fire trail login, not the ZenFire server side demo or the ZenFire MultiCharts Local Demo)

Henry MultiСharts

Re:

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Dec 2011

Ok

If you want to use Zen Fire Local Sim-you need to create Zenfire Local Sim broker profile.
If you want to use Zen Fire Server Sim-you need to create Zenfire/Rithmic Server Sim broker profile.
Zenfire demo works only for Globex market and not for Eurex market.

Return to “MultiCharts”