Real Time Chart Not Refreshing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jzshen

Real Time Chart Not Refreshing

Postby jzshen » 25 Nov 2011

Hi,

I'm new to Multicharts. Today I download and install MC 7.0.****, running TWS 921.4. After adding symbols successfully in QuoteManager, I cannot get real time data in MC. The chart just stays at state of couples of minutes before, and there is no new tick data coming and chart continuously refreshing. Meanwhile, in the QuoteManager, it is said that tick data is received .

Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

J.s.

TJ

Re: Real Time Chart Not Refreshing

Postby TJ » 25 Nov 2011

Hi,

I'm new to Multicharts. Today I download and install MC 7.0.****, running TWS 921.4. After adding symbols successfully in QuoteManager, I cannot get real time data in MC. The chart just stays at state of couples of minutes before, and there is no new tick data coming and chart continuously refreshing. Meanwhile, in the QuoteManager, it is said that tick data is received .

Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

J.s.
Basic questions:

What symbol you have added?
Did you add it from "Datasource"? or manually?
Are you subscribed to the symbol?
What is the chart type and chart resolution?
How far back in time are you requesting for the chart?
What is the chart session?
What is the chart time zone?

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 25 Nov 2011

Basic questions:

What symbol you have added?
"BAC" "AAPL" "EUR.USD"

Did you add it from "Datasource"? or manually?
Add from Data Source

Are you subscribed to the symbol?
Yes

Candlestick

How far back in time are you requesting for the chart?
23 Nov 2011 to 26 Nov 2011

What is the chart session?

What is the chart time zone?
Exchange

Btw, I see a TS connection option in the data source list. Is there any instructions on how to use it with TS 9?

Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Nov 2011

Basic questions:

Candlestick

Thanks
What is the ... chart resolution?
eg. 1 day? 5 minute? 1000 tick?

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 26 Nov 2011

What is the ... chart resolution?
eg. 1 day? 5 minute? 1000 tick?
The Chart resolution is 15 second

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 26 Nov 2011

I don't mean to offend you Jzshen, but keep in mind that yesterday (Friday) was Black Friday and as a cause off that, various US markets had a reduced trading session. I couldn't find the trading hours for EUR.USD on IDEALPRO, but those shouldn't be affected by that (i.e. those should keep updating).
The chart just stays at state of couples of minutes before, and there is no new tick data coming and chart continuously refreshing. Meanwhile, in the QuoteManager, it is said that tick data is received.
Where does it say that? If it's in the event log (the bottom half of the QuoteManager screen), it's historical tick data being backfilled, but if it's displayed by connected symbols (through rightclicking on a symbol and choose Connect Symbol), then it's real-time ticks coming in.
Today I download and install MC 7.0.****, running TWS 921.4.
I don't know if it matters, but have you tried another TWS version? There were some complaints about 920 (see here), but I don't know if these are solved in TWS 921.

Regards,
Josh

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 26 Nov 2011

Where does it say that? If it's in the event log (the bottom half of the QuoteManager screen), it's historical tick data being backfilled, but if it's displayed by connected symbols (through rightclicking on a symbol and choose Connect Symbol), then it's real-time ticks coming in.
Yes, I did exactly as you said. QuoteManager keeps reporting tick data received, but in MC the chart just stays the same as couple of minutes ago.

BlackFriday may be the cause, so I plan to try more on next week's trading sessions.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Nov 2011

Yes, I did exactly as you said. QuoteManager keeps reporting tick data received, but in MC the chart just stays the same as couple of minutes ago.

BlackFriday may be the cause, so I plan to try more on next week's trading sessions.

Thanks
Hello Sir.
Please try the following:
In Multicharts->Format->Instrument->Settings->1 tick resolution, data range 2 days back from today's date.

Return to “MultiCharts”