New Symbols Entered with IQ Feed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
greenroomhoo

New Symbols Entered with IQ Feed

Postby greenroomhoo » 02 Dec 2011

If i have scanner open and i just type a symbol in - lets say C (for citigroup) AND I have not previously loaded that into quote manager, it allows me to see chart and data EXCEPT for the decription (in this case the name).

In order to get that functionality i have to manually add all the symbols in quote manager - extremely time consuming.

The shortcut would be to just add in every symbol out there. I tried that and it uses up all the memory and crashes the platform. Would be nice to not have to manually add 500 symbols to allow me to see their name next to the ticker.

Xyzzy

Re: New Symbols Entered with IQ Feed

Postby Xyzzy » 02 Dec 2011

For what it's worth, I'm also using IQ Feed. I've installed MultiCharts on three separate machines, and I've always just added every symbol in QuoteManager using the "*" wildcard. I've never had any memory errors or other problems when doing so.

You might want to use MultiChart's LiveChat feature next Monday so they can try to debug the problem. You could also save the crash report and send it to them via email. I recently had one random crash that kept occurring when doing something else (backtesting a particular strategy), and they patched it quickly.

Alternatively, you could try reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows, MultiCharts and IQFeed. That would be a pain in the butt, of course.

greenroomhoo

Re: New Symbols Entered with IQ Feed

Postby greenroomhoo » 03 Dec 2011

Thanks - I did that and it seemed to work!!!!!
For what it's worth, I'm also using IQ Feed. I've installed MultiCharts on three separate machines, and I've always just added every symbol in QuoteManager using the "*" wildcard. I've never had any memory errors or other problems when doing so.

You might want to use MultiChart's LiveChat feature next Monday so they can try to debug the problem. You could also save the crash report and send it to them via email. I recently had one random crash that kept occurring when doing something else (backtesting a particular strategy), and they patched it quickly.

Alternatively, you could try reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows, MultiCharts and IQFeed. That would be a pain in the butt, of course.

Return to “MultiCharts”