Cursor over a charts: Over witch charts?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Cursor over a charts: Over witch charts?

Postby arjfca » 21 Dec 2011

Hello

Is there a command to read and store in a variable witch charts is visited by the cursor?

I got a complex system where bars data are sent to Excel. I would like to use the charts scale value for the validation. When the cursor is over a charts, a cross hair made by an horizontal and vertical line do appear. So Multicharts as the info somewhere in a register. This morning, I sent a trade orders based on a wrong charts. If I had validated the charts I would not had taken the trade.

A good day to all
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Martin

JoshM

Re: Cursor over a charts: Over witch charts?

Postby JoshM » 24 Dec 2011

I don't think it's possible to read the x and y axis values that are 'under' the mouse pointer at a given moment.
I would like to use the charts scale value for the validation.
For this, you could use GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) and GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue) for the price scale, and GetAppInfo(aiLeftDispDateTime) and GetAppInfo(aiRightDispDateTime) for the time scale.

However, it might be easier to generate a string consisting of the symbol name (GetSymbolName), perhaps exchange (ExchListed) and category (Category), chart interval (BarInterval) and chart type (BarType_ex). Assuming you don't have more than one chart with the same instrument and time period (i.e. two ES 5 minute charts), this would work. Though I don't know how this would fit into your Excel system. :)

Regards,
Josh

arjfca

Re: Cursor over a charts: Over witch charts?

Postby arjfca » 24 Dec 2011

Hello Josh

Thanks, will try that later.
Happy Christmas and a Joyful New Year fulfill with success

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”