Bar Magnifier Option in Portfolio

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Roumeau

Bar Magnifier Option in Portfolio

Postby Roumeau » 18 Jan 2012

Hi everyone and happy new year!

Just one question, is the "bar magnifier" option is planned for the Portfolio Backtester?

This would be so great to be able to test strategies with that.

Thank you!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bar Magnifier Option in Portfolio

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jan 2012

Hi everyone and happy new year!
Just one question, is the "bar magnifier" option is planned for the Portfolio Backtester?
This would be so great to be able to test strategies with that.
Thank you!
Hello Roumeau.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Unfortunately this feature has not been implemented yet.
You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 20 Jan 2012

Just in case other users are looking for the PM entry, it can be found here:
Just added my vote.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 28 Feb 2013

Can I ask for an update regarding the possible update for the Portfolio Backtester?

I remember Henry saying in September 2012:
Hello, I was wondering when the portfolio back tester will have walk forward optimization.
We are going to improve multiple aspects of Portfolio Backtester by the end of the year.
The improvement you have mentioned is already in our "to-do" list.
(Source).

And currency support for backtesting is scheduled for MC 9.0 (see here). But besides WFO and currency support, what can we expect from this upcoming update to the Portfolio Backtester?

I'm asking because the Bar Magnifier for the Portfolio Backtester has been postponed (so definitely not in MC 9.0) (see here). This probably also means that intra-bar order generation won't be available for the Portfolio Backtester (which was described here and which was also looked into for MC 9.0), since such a feature need a Bar Magnifier function to operate correctly.

I'm very looking forward to with the upcoming Portfolio Trading feature, but I also hoped (quite optimistically, I know) that MC 9.0 would be a an "algorithmic trader dream", now that MC 8.0 added chart trading & exit strategies, MC 8.5 volume tools and the like, and MC 9.0 is scheduled to add time and sales. It would be nice to see a major release of MultiCharts almost completely dedicated to algorithmic traders (like MC 8.5 was largely geared to discretionary traders).

This is not meant to downplay the efforts of the MultiCharts support and programmers, since I understand that these algorithmic trading features are harder to implement. And that probably they are already working hard behind the scenes, which we just can't see. Hence my question for an update.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Feb 2013

Can I ask for an update regarding the possible update for the Portfolio Backtester?
Hello Josh,

We do plan to add IOG and Bar Magnifier in Portfolio Backtester. Unfortunately I cannot give you any ETA for that at the moment. It can be MultiCharts 9 or the next version. I will keep the board posted with the updates on the subject.

StefanoSF

Portfilio Backtester NEEDS Bar Magnifier and IOG

Postby StefanoSF » 01 May 2013

Please, please add Bar Magnifier and IOG to Portfolio Backtester for MC 9. Without it, trade results can be extremely inaccurate.

You can vote here:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1227

moses

Postby moses » 04 May 2013

Just bumping this thread in confirmation of its major significance.

Please vote in both project management entries (posted in this thread), hopefully MC will give this issue the top priority it deserves. Portfolio backtester is currently a car with two wheels.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 07 Aug 2013

Any ETA please? Literally sitting on my hands here. Could anyone advise on a 3rd party product that enables portfolio optimisation with bar magnifier that supports easylanguage?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 23 Sep 2013

Just in case other users are looking for the PM entry, it can be found here:
I see that this feature request is still 'not determined' while the Project Management already lists features for MultiCharts 9.0 and MultiCharts 9.1. Does that mean that we'll not see this feature in MC 9.x?

moses

Postby moses » 24 Sep 2013

Can MC please give us some feedback on this important feature that is missing?

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Sep 2013

There are updates on the subject yet. This functionality is not yet targeted to any particular version of MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”