Huge memory consumption

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flyscalper

Huge memory consumption

Postby flyscalper » 19 Jan 2012

Hello,

I am new to Multicharts, and I am facing a strange problem. I purchased the product in order to perform autotrading with it. But in few days I have realized that this is not possible with MC due to the huge memory consumption it has. I am running one single (and quite simple) strategy on a 20 min chart bar and it is consuming more than 300 Mb. of RAM per day. This is unacceptable. Please, see the enclosure.

Is this the expected behaviour? Any of you making autotrading is getting this high RAM consumption?.

If this is the expected behaviour, then it does not work for me to autotrading, because I need hold strategies continuosly running at least for a week.

Un saludo,

Pablo
Attachments
Memory consumption.pdf
Memory consumption
(708.6 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

Dave Masalov

Re: Huge memory consumption

Postby Dave Masalov » 19 Jan 2012

Hello,

Please tell us the following:

- What is your broker?
- Do you use Intra-Bar Order Generation?
- What process consumes excessive amount of memory?
- Do you use external dll functions in your signal?
- How many charts, market scanners, DOM windows do you have open?
- For how long can you run MultiCharts without restarting using your current setup?
- How do you normally trade: i.e. start auto trading and do not touch anything or perform other actions in the program (open charts, scanners, DOM windows, trade manually, backtest, optimize etc.).

Also, please send us your workspaces, all custom signals and indicators that you use in your workspaces and . qmd file with the data from your database to support@multicharts.com so we can investigate the issue on our end. To export the data, please go to Quote Manger --> File --> Export Data --> Export All Instruments…

If .qmd file is too large to send it by e-mail, please use Rapidshare, Dropbox or other file transfer services.

flyscalper

Postby flyscalper » 19 Jan 2012

Dave,

I have just sent you the info requested.

Un saludo,

Pablo

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 27 Jan 2012

Hello Pablo,

As I wrote you in the e-mail the issue has been confirmed and the fix should be available within several days.

flyscalper

Postby flyscalper » 11 Feb 2012

Thank you Dave,

it seems that the problem has been corrected with the last fix you sent me.

Thanks a lot for the prompt and efficient response.

Un saludo,

Pablo

Return to “MultiCharts”