Problem moving horizontal line on screen ... ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
furytrader

Problem moving horizontal line on screen ... ?

Postby furytrader » 07 Feb 2012

Hi All,

I have come across a weird problem that, I'm sure, has an easy solution. For some reason, when I try to drag an existing horizontal line on one of my charts (that is, move it to different price levels), it seems like the line doesn't follow my cursor at all - it seems to jump around all over the place with large jumps. I am unable to move it with any precision.

I saw this behavior before on a different machine, although, previously, I used to be able to move horizontal lines with no problem.

Any thoughts?

ABC

Re: Problem moving horizontal line on screen ... ?

Postby ABC » 07 Feb 2012

furytrader,

maybe "Snap Mode" is on by mistake? You can check on the chart under -> View.
At least it sounds like this could be causing the jumps.

Regards,
ABC

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 07 Feb 2012

That's it - thanks!

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 07 Mar 2014

I was wondering about this as well, if you want your lines to fall on ticks (snap mode) it makes dragging lines go crazy mode... this is a bug correct? Shouldn't you be able to move lines in snap mode?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Mar 2014

I was wondering about this as well, if you want your lines to fall on ticks (snap mode) it makes dragging lines go crazy mode... this is a bug correct? Shouldn't you be able to move lines in snap mode?
Hello gpw797,

That possible to move the lines in the snap mode. Please attach a video demonstrating your particular case.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 11 Mar 2014

Forum is not letting me post video of issue captured. Should be easy to reproduce on your end. You can't drag a line when snap is on like you can when snap is off

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 11 Mar 2014

Forum is not letting me post video of issue captured. Should be easy to reproduce on your end. You can't drag a line when snap is on like you can when snap is off
Got it to let me attach by zipping... see video below
Attachments
linesnap.zip
(111.65 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Mar 2014

gpw797, snap mode sticks the drawing coordinates to the bar OHLC values. When you move your mouse pointer with the Snap Mode On - the drawing is tied to the OHLC values of the bars corresponding to the mouse pointer location. Please try moving the mouse pointer over the bars and not below them or disable the snap mode.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 12 Mar 2014

gpw797, snap mode sticks the drawing coordinates to the bar OHLC values. When you move your mouse pointer with the Snap Mode On - the drawing is tied to the OHLC values of the bars corresponding to the mouse pointer location. Please try moving the mouse pointer over the bars and not below them or disable the snap mode.
not very practical... the way one would think it should work is that that it would work just like with snap off except that the line stops at nearest interval. For example, if you are setting up lines of resistance at prices, those prices would fall at snap intervals (like CAD and drawing programs work)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Mar 2014

You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site if you want to have such functionality in the future: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Return to “MultiCharts”