Basic math operations with symbols??? Similar to esignal

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kajkanjan

Basic math operations with symbols??? Similar to esignal

Postby kajkanjan » 21 Feb 2012

Hi all,

I was just curious, is it possible to do basic math equations with two symbols and chart it?

I have used the eSignal charting platform in the past and there was a handy little feature where you could "Create your own symbol that combines multiple symbols using the plus, minus, multiply or divide operators in complex forms, such as (A + B) / (C - D)."

So for example I could do "BHP-ASX/RIO-ASX" and it would plot a price chart which was the result of BHP divided by RIO

Is this possible in Multicharts?

I know you can overlay charts etc. . . . but this is different as you can effectively re-base or see how one stock moves to another without any fancy indicators etc.

Thanks!
KJ

TJ

Re: Basic math operations with symbols??? Similar to esignal

Postby TJ » 21 Feb 2012

Hi all,

I was just curious, is it possible to do basic math equations with two symbols and chart it?

I have used the eSignal charting platform in the past and there was a handy little feature where you could "Create your own symbol that combines multiple symbols using the plus, minus, multiply or divide operators in complex forms, such as (A + B) / (C - D)."

So for example I could do "BHP-ASX/RIO-ASX" and it would plot a price chart which was the result of BHP divided by RIO

Is this possible in Multicharts?

I know you can overlay charts etc. . . . but this is different as you can effectively re-base or see how one stock moves to another without any fancy indicators etc.

Thanks!
KJ
It definitely is possible.

Easy instrument is a data series in the chart.

see post #4
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6929

Return to “MultiCharts”