ASCII Export Scheduler
Since MultiCharts 11 it is possible to schedule an automated export of QuoteManager data. This feature allows exporting the QuoteManager data automatically on a scheduled basis according to the set of rules specified by user.
Opening ASCII Export Scheduler
ASCII Export Scheduler is accessible from QuoteManager. To create a new schedule for data export:
- In the QuoteManager main menu select Tools and then click ASCII Export Scheduler… or select the corresponding icon in the toolbar.
- In the opened ASCII Export Scheduler window сlick Add… to add a new schedule. The Edit Task ASCII Export Schedule window will pop up.
Application Settings tab
- In the Add Symbols to Export… section click Add to add the symbols that you need to export. Multiple symbol selection is possible. To highlight multiple symbols use one of the following methods:
- Click on the symbol to begin with and while holding SHIFT key click on the last necessary symbol. All symbols in the range between these two will be selected; or:
- Use CTRL in combination with the mouse to select/deselect symbols one by one. While holding CTRL, a single click will select the symbol and second click on the same symbol will deselect it; or:
- While holding SHIFT use the UP ARROW and the DOWN ARROW keys to select a group of neighboring symbols; or:
- While holding CTRL, use the UP ARROW and the DOWN ARROW keys in combination with the SPACE key to select symbols.
- Using the Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut to select all symbols.
- To delete a symbol from the list click on the red cross next to the symbol or click Delete. To delete all symbols choose Select All and click Delete.
- Selection of resolutions and quote fields is done individually for each symbol. Click on the symbol and check the required checkboxes for it in the Select Resolutions and Fields for each Symbol section. To select/deselect all available fields use Check All/Uncheck All buttons.
- The resolution and quote field selection can be done for all instruments simultaneously by using Select All button. Select None option will cancel the selection of symbols.
- After any resolution/quote field is chosen the selection of additional fields for export becomes available – Select Fileds to Export and Their Order (available since MultiCharts 12). A user can select which of these to export: Date, Time, Price, Volume, Open, High, Low, Close, TotVol, UpVol, DnVol, UpTicks, DnTicks, TotTicks, OI. The order of the fields can be changed by clicking on the dotted sign next to the field and dragging it to the required place.
- In the Fields for All Symbols section check the required options: Export Symbol Name, Export Description, Export Milliseconds.
- In the Exported Data Settings section select the Time Zone and Start Date/Time.
Check Continue Export from the Previous Run to start export from the moment of the previous run - the data that was already exported during previous scheduled exports will be skipped and only the new data since the last scheduled run will be exported. Check Append to Existing File to add the new data to the file created upon previous export.
Schedule Settings tab
- Click on the Name (in blue) to change the name of the schedule.
Specify the path to the Output Folder for saving the export files by clicking on … in the end of the line or type the path manually.
- Select the frequency of export from the available options: One time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
- Specify the Start task date/time (PC time) in the corresponding field.
- Check Enabled to activate the schedule.
- Click Save to save the schedule.
- Click Cancel to abort the changes.
After a new schedule is created it is possible to Edit or Delete it.
Windows Task Scheduler
It is possible to access Windows Task Scheduler from the ASCII Export Scheduler window. To do that click on the Open Windows Task Scheduler… button. From the opened window it is possible to view and manage the list of existing MultiCharts ASCII export schedules. The folder that stores saved schedules is called as the application and can be found in the left part of Task Scheduler window under the Task Scheduler Library.