Returns a numerical value, indicating the number of bars since the initial entry into the specified position.
- PosBack - a numerical expression, specifying the position:
- 0 - open position;
- 1 - one position back (the last position closed);
- 2 - two positions back, etc.
If PosBack is not specified, a value for the open position will be returned.
- This function can only be used in signals.
- Use BarsSinceExit to get the number of bars since exiting a specified position.
Assign the number of bars since the current position has been entered to variable Value1:
Value1 = BarsSinceEntry;
Assign the number of bars since the most recently closed position has been entered to variable Value1:
Value1 = BarsSinceEntry(1);