Free Quotes data feed is configured correctly by default and one can plot a chart using a number of prebuilt symbols from Free Quotes. That is free end-of-day historical daily bars coming from Yahoo and Google. Only limited number of Stocks and Indexes are available from this data source in MultiCharts. With FreeQuotes you can get data only for the symbols that on Historical Prices webpage have option "Download to Spreadsheet".
To set up Free Quotes data feed connection
- In the QuoteManager main menu select Tools and then click Data Sources, find Free Quotes in the list of all supported data vendors and click the Settings button. The Free Quotes Data Feed Configuration window is opened.
- In the opened up window:
- One can check/uncheck Yahoo and Google servers to receive data from.
- One can move Yahoo and Google servers by selecting any of them and clicking the Up and Down buttons to change the priority of receiving data.
- One can disable Yahoo and Google servers by selecting any of them clicking the Disable button.
- One can edit number and timeout of attempts to request data from Yahoo and Google servers by editing Retry and Timeout columns for corresponding server.
To add an instrument manually, see Adding Symbol(s) to Symbol List.