Toggles intra-bar order generation flag on or off.
[IntrabarOrderGeneration = LogicalValue]
If the attribute is not present in the study's code, intra-bar order generation can be set by the user in the Calculations tab of the Format Signal window:
- If set to True, the "Enable intra-bar order generation and calculation" check box will be checked and grayed out, and the radio buttons will be available.
- If set to False, the "Enable intra-bar order generation and calculation" check box will be unchecked and grayed out, and the radio buttons disabled.
- Attributes like the IntrabarOrderGeneration statement are applied at the time of compilation and cannot be changed at run-time.
- Since IntraBarOrderGeneration set to true means that the signal is evaluated on every tick, use BarStatus to be able to perform certain operations on the bar close. For example, you might only want to calculate the moving average or entry logic on the bar close. This way you'll have the best of two worlds: the possibility to manage your orders and positions on a per tick basis, while still being able to execute certain code only on the bar close.
- Use IntraBarPersist for variables that are updated on every tick.
Enable intra-bar order generation:
[IntrabarOrderGeneration = True];
When IntraBarOrderGeneration is turned on, next bar really means next tick . For example:
if (Close > Close) then Buy ("EL") 1 contracts next bar at market;
Will generate a buy order that is active for the next tick only. As long as the condition remains true, the entry order is submitted for the next tick.