MarketPosition at Broker for The Strategy
Returns a numerical value, indicating the number of contracts and the type of position at the broker for the strategy. A positive value indicates a long position and a negative value indicates a short position.
A zero ('0') is returned when the current position is flat, or if Automated Trading is not turned on.
- This function can only be used in signals and functions. Use the i_MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy to access it in indicators.
- This function differs from the MarketPosition keyword in that it cannot take an argument to reference past values. By saving the value of MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy to a Numeric Variable, it's possible to reference the position at the broker for previous bars or tick.
If Automated Trading was manually turned off by the user, the value returned by the keyword stops changing, and may remain unequal to '0'.
- Will will return '17' if the current position at the broker for the strategy is 17 contracts long.
- Will return '-132' if the current position at the broker for the strategy is 132 contracts short.
- Will return '0' if the current position at the broker for the strategy is flat.
- Will return '0' if the Automated Trading Mode is not turned on.