OANDA systems may be unavailable during the weekend due to maintenance on the broker end. Once the system is up one needs to re-authorize in the pop-up window in order to re-establish connection to OANDA.
To set up OANDA data feed connection:
- In the QuoteManager main menu select Tools and then click Data Sources. Select OANDA in the list of all supported data vendors and click the Settings button. The OANDA Data Feed Configuration window is opened.
- In the opened up window:
- Select the fxTrade Practice button for demo account or fxTrade button for live account.
- Check Show the authorization window to obtain a new token and use Day of Week and 24h Time selectors to set up the desired time for Oanda re-authorization.
- Calculate status line values locally - this option allows populating the scanner/status line with realtime values (that are not supplied by the OANDA API) calculated by MultiCharts. Having this option enabled and using a lot of instruments simultaneously may cause issues with OANDA connection due to frequent data requests, therefore if you do not need these values or have connection issues - disable the option to maintain stable connection.
- Trading Interface: REST-v1 trading interface is selected by default, but it is possible to select REST-v20 interface if your account supports this type of connection. This setting is global and affects the data feed and all existing OANDA broker profiles. Trading Interface mode change will be applied after restarting the application. Full restart includes closing all instances of MultiCharts and unloading MultiCharts processes.
To add an instrument from data source, see Adding Symbol(s) to Symbol List.
When you connect to OANDA data feed (add symbols or plot charts) a new window will open where you should enter your OANDA Username and Password.
Here you can find OANDA Video Tutorial.
Also, make sure that you set up OANDA broker profile for trading.