Strategy signals are visually shown on the chart using arrows. If a strategy uses several different entry signals, then it can be difficult to see clearly which entry signal was exited.
Order Linking draws a line from the entry signal to the exit signal so that it is possible to visually match an entry signal with its exit signal.
Order linking also makes it clear which trades are profitable or not profitable on the chart.
The lines are color coded. The default colors for the lines are as follows:
Green: profitable trade
Red: unprofitable trade
To change the settings:
- Open the Format Signal window.
To open the Format Signal window, position the mouse pointer over one of the signal's Arrows, Ticks, or Labels;
double-click once the Pointer changes into a Hand ; in the Format Objects window that appears, select a signal and click the Format button.
The Format Signal window can also be opened by one of the following methods:
- Position the mouse pointer over one of the signal's Arrows, Ticks, or Labels;
once the Pointer changes into a Hand , right-click and then click Format Signals; in the Format Objects window that appears, select a signal and click the Format button
- Open the Format Objects window; in the Signals tab, select a signal and click the Format button.
Note: The Format Signal window for the signal being inserted will open automatically if the Format check box in the Insert Study window is checked.
- Select the Signal tab.
- Select the strategy and select the Format button. A window to format the strategy will appear.
- Select the Connecting Line tab.
- Check the Show Connecting Line checkbox to show the connecting lines.
- In the drop-down lists, select the setting for the Line Style, Line Weight, Profitable Line Color, and Unprofitable Line Color.
- Select the OK button.