Returns an absolute numerical value, indicating trade entry order category.
The following numerical returns are possible:
- 1 = Stop order (buy next bar at close - 1 point stop),
- 2 = Limit order (buy next bar at close + 1 point limit),
- 3 = Market order (buy next bar market),
- 4 = Market at Close order (buy this bar at close),
- 5 = Market at Open order (buy next bar open),
- 8 = StopLimit order (buy 1 contracts next bar at close - 2 point stop close + 2 point limit).
- PosAgo - a numerical expression, specifying the position:
- 0 - open position;
- 1 - one position back (the last position closed);
- 2 - two positions back, etc.
- TradeNumber - a numerical expression, specifying the number of trade (zero-based).
- This function can only be used in signals.
- To retrieve the total number of trades in specified position use PosTradeCount.
- Use PosTradeExitCategory to get the numerical value indicating the type of order used for the exit order.
Will return a value of 1 for the second trade of the open position, if the order type was Stop Order.