Quick Guide to Get Started
- Sign up for Free 30 days trial for regular MultiCharts here https://www.multicharts.com/free-trial/ or for MultiCharts.NET here https://www.multicharts.com/net/free-trial/. The platform is fully functional within the trial period, so you will be able to test all the available tools and get your own experience.
If you did not get download links after signing up, it might happen if:
a) You signed up for Free Trail with the same email address before.
b) The email was either blocked by your domain, firewall, etc., or got into your Spam Box.
In this case, all you need is write us an email to mailto:email@example.com and request direct download links. You will receive a reply within 1 hour during the working hours.
- Please make sure that your anti-virus does not block the download or installation process. And once you downloaded the installation file, it should be installed on your computer.
- There are no registration details required to start MultiCharts trial. When you have MultiCharts platform installed, run it and the 30 days trial will start. When you open MultiCharts you should see a message: either to Continue trial or Register. Click Continue trial and start using MultiCharts.
It is necessary to set up data feed to have charts, broker profile should be configured for trading.
a) MultiCharts doesn’t come with any prebuilt real-time data feed. The only feed available right after installation is Free Quotes. That is free end-of-day historical daily bars coming from Yahoo and Google: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Free_Quotes
But data from Free Quotes is EOD and for limited number of instruments only. To connect to live, intraday data or data for instruments, not available from Free Quotes, you will need to get an account provided by any of the supported data sources: http://www.multicharts.com/market-data-feeds/
Here you can find instructions how to connect a data feed or a broker: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/How_to_Connect_to_a_Data_Feed_or_a_Broker
In this table you will be able to find all the supported security types: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Supported_security_types
Once you set up the data feed, it is recommended to restart MultiCharts with all its applications (to do it properly, close MultiCharts -> make sure that no processes with MultiCharts description (http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/MultiCharts_Processes) remained in Task Manager, Processes or Details tab -> run MultiCharts again).
b) For trading, you will also need to have a broker profile set up and connected. Most of the supported data vendors also provide brokerage services.
Here you can find the instructions on connecting different broker profiles: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Category:Broker_Profiles
- To create a new chart, you need to add the required symbol from the data source (available for most supported data feeds):http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Operating_Symbol_List
If you are not sure, what the ticker for the required symbol is, our Symbol Guide might be helpful: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Symbol_Guide
In case the symbol cannot be found in that table, you will need to contact your data vendor and request the list of provided instruments.
The data types available in MultiCharts are listed here: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Tick,_Minute_and_Daily_Data
- When all the required instruments are added, you can create charts (http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Creating_Charts) and start backtesting, optimizing, trading:
- The most common data issues and recommendations how to troubleshoot them can be found here: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Problems_with_Data_in_MultiCharts
MultiCharts FAQ is located here: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Category:FAQ