Modifies the starting point location of a trendline with the specified ID number.
TL_SetBegin returns a value of 0 if the starting point location was successfully modified, and a value of -2 if the specified trendline ID number is invalid.
Of the two end points of a trendline, the point with the earlier date and time is always considered to be the starting point. If the trendline is vertical, the point with the lower price value is considered to be the starting point.
TL_SetBegin (TL_ID, sDate, sTime, sPriceValue)
- TL_ID - a numerical expression specifying the trendline ID number.
- sDate - a numerical expression specifying the new starting point date; the date is indicated in the YYYMMdd format, where YYY is the number of years since 1900, MM is the month, and dd is the day of the month
- sTime - a numerical expression specifying the new starting point time; the time is indicated in the 24-hour HHmm format, where 1300 = 1:00 PM
- sPriceValue - a numerical expression specifying the new starting point price value (vertical position, corresponding to a value on the price scale of a chart).
- A trendline-specific ID number is returned by TL_New when the trendline is created.
- Use TL_SetBegin_s to set the new begin point for a trendline with seconds precision.
- Use TL_SetEnd and TL_SetEnd_s to set the new end point for a trendline with respectively minutes or seconds precision.
- When moving a trend line, change the end point before changing the begin point.
Move the starting point of the trendline with an ID number of 3 to 10:00 AM on January 17th at a price value of 1365:
Value1 = TL_SetBegin(3, 1080117, 1000, 1365);