Jump to navigation Jump to search
When one deletes an instrument/instruments from QuoteManager or deletes data from an instrument, the size of the database files may stay the same. To clear obsolete data, follow these instructions:
- Close all MultiCharts products and make sure all processes are finished. See MultiCharts Processes;
- Back up your databases folder. See How to Backup User Data#Saving User Data;
- Download the archive for MultiCharts 9.1 and higher.
- Unzip the archive;
- Open the extracted folder;
- DO NOT RUN the .exe file
- Run the .BAT file corresponding to your version of MultiCharts ("gbak_x32.bat" for 32-bit MultiCharts, "gbak_x64.bat" for 64-bit version);
- Open the MultiCharts installation folder (right click on the MC shortcut –> Properties –> "Shortcut" tab –> select "Open file location") and run DataUpdater.exe;
- Depending on the size of the databases a window will flash, or stay on the screen for some time, and then close automatically once the procedure is finished;
- MultiCharts is ready to work now.