How to Clear the Interactive Brokers Cache
Incorrect IB symbol settings or symbol mapping settings might get saved in the IB symbol cache.
In that case, re-configuring symbol mapping as suggested in the “Expired cache for symbol X. Remove and re-add the symbol mapping for this symbol” message might not help.
Here’s how to clear the IB cache to resolve it:
- Close all the charts with the problematic symbols
- Re-add the problematic symbols in QuoteManager -> Instrument -> Add Symbol -> From Data Source
- Go to File -> Broker Profiles -> Symbol Mapping -> select to Show mapped symbols for Interactive Brokers -> select the symbol mapping lines with problematic symbols and click ‘Remove’
- Go to the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Support -> Open Logs Folder
- Close all the MultiCharts apps and make sure there are no MC processes left in Task Manager -> Details tab -> Description column
- Delete DAT files starting with IB in the Logs folder (see step 4)
- Open MultiCharts and set up symbol mapping for the required symbols