How to Collect Dumps
Dump files contain information necessary for investigating crash and "platform freezing" issues. If MultiCharts processes are still running in Task Manager after the crash, you can collect dump files yourself.
Either MC Dumper, or Debug Diagnostic Tool can be used. MC Dumper collects not only the dumps, but also MultiCharts Log files.
How to Collect Logs and Dumps Using MC Dumper
MC Dumper can be downloaded following this link: https://bit.ly/2GTk6WR
After downloading it, its necessary to follow these steps:
- Open the .zip file.
- Copy the folder from the archive to your hard disk.
- Run MCDumperGui.exe
- Select which MultiCharts version you are having issue with -- it should be exactly the same version causing the problem.
- Click Make Dumps button.
- When the folder with the .zip archive opens up, this will indicate the process is finishing.
- Attach the file to an e-mail with a detailed issue description to email@example.com
How to collect Dumps using Debug Diagnostic Tool
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26798 and download Debug Diagnostic Tool.
- After you have downloaded DebugDiag.msi and installed it on your computer, go to Windows Start menu -> Debug Diagnostics Tool -> Debug Diag
- At the start of the application you will see the active "Select Rule Type" dialogue. Cancel it.
- Go to "Processes" tab.
- Under this tab you should find the required process, right click on it -> create Mini Userdump
- Now you need to go to C:\Program Files\DebugDiag\Logs\Misc (or C:\Program Files (x86)\DebugDiag\Logs\Misc if you have a 32 bit Operation System).
- There you should find 2 files for each of the processes you have previously created dumps for. Please copy them to your Desktop because you won't be able to zip them in that folder. Zip the files on your Desktop, and send it to MultiCharts Support.